E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Installing KW V3's & Camber myself on my xi e90 please share tips and advice!!!

04-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
Installing KW V3's & Camber myself on my xi e90 please share tips and advice!!!

I am going to attempt to swap out my Koni/H&R setup on my awd xi e90 to a set of KW V3's with Vorshlag Camber/Caster plates.

I've done the rear end before but never touched the front.

The struts and plates are all set up for a precious xi so I'm OK there until I get it aligned. I basically need to remove the shocks/springs and swap in the KW setup and plates.

Would love any advice on things to be careful of, any special tools I will need, any particular order I should follow and anything unique to doing the front of an xi vs a rwd.

Hope to be rolling on a cloud of ta ta's tomorrow morning.
      04-23-2014, 06:50 AM   #2
vapore0n
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Spring compressors - rent them at autozone, if available
Torque wrench - strut top nut has a specific torque number. Plus its good not to over torque the wheel lug nuts.
Breaker bar
torx socket set - Im guessing you will need some
Appreciate 0