BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Dallas/Green Bay.

11-26-2007, 06:26 AM   #1
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Dallas/Green Bay.

Shucks. I am going to have to go to a sports bar to watch the game.
Time Warner is not showing the game here in Dallas. Anyway, the only line I have found so far is Dallas by 6 1/2. This will be a great game. My gut is saying Favre will bust his 0-8 status at Texas Stadium . Thursdays weather forecast is P/C and a high of 60...no rain. I think this is going to be a classic contest. I like Favre but I hope he gets his bell rung by Dallas' blitz. Sick him Ware .
Gut says GB 31 Dallas 28.
Romo having a 0-1 interception, 0-2 sacks...Dallas 41 GB 31.
Predictions?

ps. WTF has happened to Tennessee?
      11-26-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
mrbelk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/6MT

How 'bout them Cowboys!

I think it will be a great game; and if Woodson's toe injury is real, then he will have a _very_ hard time covering T.O. Frankly, I am not impressed by any of the teams that GB has played; and they lost to Chicago early in the season.

My gut tells me that we will completely shut down their running game (as we have pretty much done all season), and will be able to put significant pressure on Favre; maybe enough to get him to make some of the mistakes that have plagued him in recent seasons.

6 1/2 points is a little high, but Dallas has blown out some lines lately. I think that it will be 31-27 Dallas. It wouldn't surprise me to see T-New get another pick-6.

-MrB
(ED 4/28/04) '04 545i Silver Gray/Beige
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:33 AM   #3
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

thats some bullshit it is on the NFL network only. dallas is playing well, but favre was on fire last week. we'll see what TO and friends can come up with. I'm going with GB over Dallas 28-24
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:34 AM   #4
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbelk View Post
How 'bout them Cowboys!

I think it will be a great game; and if Woodson's toe injury is real, then he will have a _very_ hard time covering T.O. Frankly, I am not impressed by any of the teams that GB has played; and they lost to Chicago early in the season.

My gut tells me that we will completely shut down their running game (as we have pretty much done all season), and will be able to put significant pressure on Favre; maybe enough to get him to make some of the mistakes that have plagued him in recent seasons.

6 1/2 points is a little high, but Dallas has blown out some lines lately. I think that it will be 31-27 Dallas. It wouldn't surprise me to see T-New get another pick-6.

-MrB
TiAg with lemon????????? Show me a pic.....Never mind just looked at your gallery. Unique.
      11-26-2007, 08:36 AM   #5
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmtclimber View Post
thats some bullshit it is on the NFL network only. dallas is playing well, but favre was on fire last week. we'll see what TO and friends can come up with. I'm going with GB over Dallas 28-24
You guys watch the NFL on regular cable over there? Are you American? Just curious.
      11-26-2007, 08:42 AM   #6
mrbelk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/6MT

Quote:
No comment on the NFL Network thing. I can see both sides of the issue. NFL Network really doesn't have the clout of an ESPN; but the cable companies really stick it to their customers. If DirecTV's HD quality were better, I would have DirecTV, but as it is I am paying for the "sports tier" on Comcast to get NFL network, Fox Soccer Channel, etc. It's only like $5/month.

Favre played well against a very overrated Detroit team. He hasn't gone against a top defense yet this season, really. We'll see what he does against D-Ware, Ellis, Canty, Tank, etc.

Our O-line has pretty much shut down the best pass rushers in the league (Umenyiora, Strahan, Schobel, Trent Cole, etc.), so Kampman and KGB (who is also banged up) don't really scare me that much either.

-MrB
(ED 4/28/04) '04 545i Silver Gray/Beige
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #7
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
You guys watch the NFL on regular cable over there? Are you American? Just curious.
im an american stationed in germany but am currently in iraq. we get AFN which is probably the worst tv you could ever imagine. the army commercials are terrible. anyway, the jury is still out whether we'll get the game because the coverage is pretty random. the online schedule says yes, but you never know over here.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 09:46 AM   #8
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
im an american stationed in germany but am currently in iraq. we get AFN which is probably the worst tv you could ever imagine. the army commercials are terrible. anyway, the jury is still out whether we'll get the game because the coverage is pretty random. the online schedule says yes, but you never know over here.
Thanks for your hard work!
      11-26-2007, 10:27 AM   #9
tweak84
i shake a lot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M 17 X5M

this is why i love these kinds of games, it seems like no matter who the packers are playing they are considered the underdogs. im going with the packers on this one, ive always hated the cowboys since i was a lil kid and i would love to see favre and the packers slap em around a lil. i know it will be a close game and the packers have a lot cut out for them but i still think that in the end we will come out on top....by the way tony romo is from burlington wi and he grew up a packer fan...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 10:38 AM   #10
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak84 View Post
this is why i love these kinds of games, it seems like no matter who the packers are playing they are considered the underdogs. im going with the packers on this one, ive always hated the cowboys since i was a lil kid and i would love to see favre and the packers slap em around a lil. i know it will be a close game and the packers have a lot cut out for them but i still think that in the end we will come out on top....by the way tony romo is from burlington wi and he grew up a packer fan...
If you switched those two guys uniforms it would be hard to tell who was who. Romo is a young Favre in many of his characteristics.
      11-26-2007, 10:39 AM   #11
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Packers, Favre is amazing and truthfully I see Romo as being the next Favre so if he loses it's no big deal. But for Favre this for once might really be his last year.

Also what happened to the Titans? They suck thats what happened. Also I feel Young is good but a tad overrated.
      11-26-2007, 10:57 AM   #12
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Packers, Favre is amazing and truthfully I see Romo as being the next Favre so if he loses it's no big deal. But for Favre this for once might really be his last year.

Also what happened to the Titans? They suck thats what happened. Also I feel Young is good but a tad overrated.
He is a blamer with a big mouth.
      11-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #13
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
He is a blamer with a big mouth.
Really? Shit i thought he said it was his fault or something to that extent. I dont know that was coming from 2 of my brothers friends who think he is better than Brady.

Oh and they don't think Tim Tebow is doing better than him. Losers.