F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > BMW Ghost Courtesy Lighting Logo?
GetBMWParts

04-29-2014, 12:56 AM   #1
fscuderia23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335i EBII + PPK/MPE

BMW Ghost Courtesy Lighting Logo?

So I was surfing Ebay and found these.. thought they were an interesting idea. Anybody done them or know how they work? I looked at the bottom of my door where the courtesy lights are and can't quite imagine how these would fit...
Also not sure if these would be tacky or cool, but i think itd be worth a shot if they're easy to install, plus they aren't too expensive

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5Th-Gen-Lase...b7e6cc&vxp=mtr
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

people r gonna cringe at you..
      04-29-2014, 08:23 AM   #3
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Here's how they work... What happens is that you pay your hard earned money to this vendor, they send you 2 plastic plugs with lights and wires in it made in china, and then you install it in the bottom of your door sills. Electricity is transferred through the cheap wires into the plugs when you open your door, maybe if you're lucky they're so cheap that they will stay on even with the door closed. Then you drive around in your car after diminishing the value of your car with a worthless Chinese part on your car that will likely cause a fire or explosion, all so you can be reminded when you open the door that you're driving a BMW, if you weren't confident by the other 8 BMW logos in your car, you too can have 2 more projected on the ground.

It's also great for car thieves - when they thought you were just getting out of a camry, they'll see that projection from like 50' away, and know that they just hit the jackpot.

My apologies. To each his own, but this is just a mod that would make your car the laughing stock of the parking lot. If you like them, by all means get them.

My real advice at the end of the day, I'd only buy a part for my car from a reputable seller, that will back the product through its warranted time. If you like it, that's great go get them, but I'd hate for you to have an electrical problem from them. They're offering you an epic 30 DAY warranty of any problems! Because that's not a red flag.

Do you really think these folks did testing on this to make sure they're safe?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #4
Exterminador
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMidge View Post
Here's how they work... What happens is that you pay your hard earned money to this vendor, they send you 2 plastic plugs with lights and wires in it made in china, and then you install it in the bottom of your door sills. Electricity is transferred through the cheap wires into the plugs when you open your door, maybe if you're lucky they're so cheap that they will stay on even with the door closed. Then you drive around in your car after diminishing the value of your car with a worthless Chinese part on your car that will likely cause a fire or explosion, all so you can be reminded when you open the door that you're driving a BMW, if you weren't confident by the other 8 BMW logos in your car, you too can have 2 more projected on the ground.

It's also great for car thieves - when they thought you were just getting out of a camry, they'll see that projection from like 50' away, and know that they just hit the jackpot.

My apologies. To each his own, but this is just a mod that would make your car the laughing stock of the parking lot. If you like them, by all means get them.

My real advice at the end of the day, I'd only buy a part for my car from a reputable seller, that will back the product through its warranted time. If you like it, that's great go get them, but I'd hate for you to have an electrical problem from them. They're offering you an epic 30 DAY warranty of any problems! Because that's not a red flag.

Do you really think these folks did testing on this to make sure they're safe?

Lol!!!! Sorry brother but definitely NOT!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 04:54 PM   #5
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMidge View Post
LOL! Awesome. Ahhh...I needed that.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 05:21 PM   #6
mcli
_________
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i 6mt

These look tacky as all get-out, but "...likely cause fire or EXPLOSION"?! That's a pretty laughable argument.
Appreciate 0