E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Too much steering movement on bumps

05-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
BP3i7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92

Too much steering movement on bumps

Hi guys, I recently change my shocks because the older shocks had a forward dive problem. The new shocks didn't totally fix it, since it happens now and then still, but not every time like before. New shocks also made steering wheel heavier, which is great because I think more of the tire is connecting with the road. The only problem I have now is that the steering wheel moves too much when there are bumps on one driver side of the road, but the passenger side is flat road for example. I dont experience this on other cars like I do with this. I am still relatively new to it, owned it for 4 months now. I complained to this shop before, and they told me they replaced the front control arm bushings (this was before I changed the shocks). So now I'm not sure what else could be the reason. Any ideas? Or is this normal for you guys? I use to lease a 328i, and it wasn't like this.

Not sure if this is related, but my brakes do squeal from time to time. Although it still has lot of pad left from what I can tell. This happened after my tires got change, and I only recently realized they overtorque it when I was replacing the shocks and tried to remove the wheel. Dont think my rotors are warped, since there is no shaking when braking.

Any help or ideas would be great!
Appreciate 0