E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E90 MTECH kit install problems

11-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
avus_media
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 SG 325i with dents

E90 MTECH kit install problems

Im in the middle of having this kit installed on my e90 (kit was bought from user cquence, thx for the great deal), but I am running into a few problems.

My installer is saying the fog lights for the mtech front bumper have different connections that do not fit the stock wiring.

I took a look at the stock fog lights vs the mtech ones and they are different. Is there supposed to be an adapter included with this kit?

Also the rear bumper diffuser is missing. I am not sure why this is, but I do not think cquence forgot to include them when delivering the kit to me.

Anyone know how much this costs and the fastest way I can get this part?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

the m tech kit has 9006 for fogs ... they come with it if you bought the kit as a whole ... the need to remove the h11 connector and reconnect with a new 9006 connector

the diffusor is now being sold seperately because of the dual exhaust on a 335i ... u can order the diffusor piece thru a bmw dealer ...

if you have any more q's let me know
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #3
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avus_media View Post
Im in the middle of having this kit installed on my e90 (kit was bought from user cquence, thx for the great deal), but I am running into a few problems.

My installer is saying the fog lights for the mtech front bumper have different connections that do not fit the stock wiring.

I took a look at the stock fog lights vs the mtech ones and they are different. Is there supposed to be an adapter included with this kit?

Also the rear bumper diffuser is missing. I am not sure why this is, but I do not think cquence forgot to include them when delivering the kit to me.

Anyone know how much this costs and the fastest way I can get this part?

Thanks
If you need further install help I recommend contacting Longtran or his agent Minipuck v2.0. I'm sure they can help you out and they are in the SGV area.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 05:09 PM   #4
avus_media
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 SG 325i with dents

thanks for the answers guys. i dont have the 9006 connectors it seems.

i called beverly hills bmw and they say that there is no such thing as a mtech kit for the e90. thats hilarious.

im going to give century bmw a call and see if i can pick up these pieces.

appreciate the help guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 05:11 PM   #5
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

if u need help getting the pieces let me know
Appreciate 0