THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Revising order before production begins?

05-16-2014, 05:35 AM   #1
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i

Revising order before production begins?

So I finally ordered an Alpine White 228i with only the Lighting Package two days ago and realized just now that I didn't double check with my salesman whether or not he selected the standard Sport Automatic or (what most dealerships select) the no-cost STEPTRONIC without paddles option.

I'm going to call him in the morning when they open... (It's 0030 right now)

Do you guys think he'll be able to change the STEPTRONIC without paddles option to the Sport Automatic? Heck, if I can get paddle shifters and Sport+ with launch control on a basic line 228i, it's worth a shot...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 06:39 AM   #2
Canti
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i AW

Check your vehicle inquiry report and see if it's listed. Otherwise yes, as long as it's before production the change shouldn't be a problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #3
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canti View Post
Check your vehicle inquiry report and see if it's listed. Otherwise yes, as long as it's before production the change shouldn't be a problem.
hey i had the same thought. so as long as car has not made it inot to production shouldnt be a problem? BMW told me my car will be in Production last week of May
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 08:31 AM   #4
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Just to add to what others have said: make the changes and finalize the order ASAP. I say because sometimes cars go into production sooner than the scheduled time. So as you can imagine, you might think you have a week to make changes when the car has already gone into production.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #5
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

It depends on what status the car is in. I believe anything before 150 and you're usually fine. But if it is 112, you should not wait as it will go 150 shortly.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #6
SteveAustin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihonzawa View Post
So I finally ordered an Alpine White 228i with only the Lighting Package two days ago and realized just now that I didn't double check with my salesman whether or not he selected the standard Sport Automatic or (what most dealerships select) the no-cost STEPTRONIC without paddles option.

Do you guys think he'll be able to change the STEPTRONIC without paddles option to the Sport Automatic? Heck, if I can get paddle shifters and Sport+ with launch control on a basic line 228i, it's worth a shot...
Glad you caught it! Mine was too late - but even so it's not the end of the world man. Order a new one!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 12:02 PM   #7
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Just to add to what others have said: make the changes and finalize the order ASAP. I say because sometimes cars go into production sooner than the scheduled time. So as you can imagine, you might think you have a week to make changes when the car has already gone into production.
Your so right, as i thought it would be ok to add things on it wasnt. My last week of May production has now moved to Start of June production. car wont be delivered untill Mid July to End
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #8
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakes View Post
Your so right, as i thought it would be ok to add things on it wasnt. My last week of May production has now moved to Start of June production. car wont be delivered untill Mid July to End
Sounds like either there is a shortage on whatever you added or the client advisor gave you a different allocation. I would say that's a that you didn't end up stuck without an allocation much later than two weeks from the original.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #9
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Sounds like either there is a shortage on whatever you added or the client advisor gave you a different allocation. I would say that's a that you didn't end up stuck without an allocation much later than two weeks from the original.
very true i am lucky and have my production number just the wait is probably the worse part of this whole process
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 11:11 PM   #10
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

Quote:

Are they even able to select that anymore? It's been removed as an option on the configurator at BMWUSA.com for awhile now...

Once you hit status 150 production has started. If you're still at 111 or 112 you can change it (112 has a smaller window to make changes), but making changes can bump you to a later production date as others have mentioned.

Congrats on the car!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 11:17 PM   #11
ihonzawa
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i

Okay folks, I went in to the dealership and we found out a few things. It looks like the car went into production on Wednesday so I can't change anything on the car. The vehicle inquiry shows 205 STEPTRONIC automatic transmission. But it also shows 704 M sport suspension (as a no-charge option)... I only ordered a base 228i with the lighting pkg.

I'll settle for no paddles. I wasn't expecting them at the time of ordering anyway. The M sport suspension was an added bonus!

Both the salesman and I couldn't find the 2TB Sport automatic transmission on the option list.

Here's where it gets weird... They have a 228i Sport line that has a regular steering wheel with paddles. On the specs it says Sport automatic transmission. Their other 228i with the M Sport line has the M Sport steering wheel but no paddles. On the specs it says STEPTRONIC automatic. I just found it odd that an M Sport line wouldn't have the sport auto transmission.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 12:02 AM   #12
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

Quote:
Okay folks, I went in to the dealership and we found out a few things. It looks like the car went into production on Wednesday so I can't change anything on the car. The vehicle inquiry shows 205 STEPTRONIC automatic transmission. But it also shows 704 M sport suspension (as a no-charge option)... I only ordered a base 228i with the lighting pkg.

I'll settle for no paddles. I wasn't expecting them at the time of ordering anyway. The M sport suspension was an added bonus!

Both the salesman and I couldn't find the 2TB Sport automatic transmission on the option list.

Here's where it gets weird... They have a 228i Sport line that has a regular steering wheel with paddles. On the specs it says Sport automatic transmission. Their other 228i with the M Sport line has the M Sport steering wheel but no paddles. On the specs it says STEPTRONIC automatic. I just found it odd that an M Sport line wouldn't have the sport auto transmission.
The paddles only come with the 2TB option as far as I know. It is odd to see an M Sport without 2TB, but like you said earlier, some dealers were ordering them with 205.

That's cool about the suspension upgrade - you know they'll charge you for it though.
Appreciate 0