THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Sensatec Seating Vs. Leather Upgrade

05-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
Lynn_228i
AW BMW 228i with Black Dakota Leather Seats
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Sensatec Seating Vs. Leather Upgrade

Right now my lease is due in 2 months on my BMW 128 with Oyster leather (with black floors mats and ceiling and trim on the doors) seats and AW exterior. The seats due get dirty but I love the lighter interior.

Can those that chose the Sensatec Seating, let me know if they would do it again and if they have the Oyster or the black? Does the vinyl seats get extra hot in the summer time and extra cold in the winter time so you really need to use the heated seats often? Anyone with the lighter color Oyster with the light floors and ceiling regret getting this or are you happy having a lighter interior? Is it difficult to keep clean?

For those that chose the leather, which color combination did you go with and do you feel it was worth the extra money?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Not a direct answer, but I ordered the Sensatec (black).
My last car an '02 MB had partial leather - central seating surface perforated leather/ outer surface MB Tex vinyl. The vinyl pieces look brand new and my leather looks good but not showroom new like the vinyl.

My car before that '98 MB had full beige MB Tex vinyl, at 100,000 miles I replaced a bottom drivers side seat cushion because a seam frayed, but every other surface at 120,000 miles looked new. I thought the perforated vinyl was cool in the summer.

The BMW and Mercedes vinyl are high quality and rather classy in the way they feel.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 12:26 PM   #3
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
I too am considering not upgrading to leather for the same reason. I take really good care of my leather seats but you only slow the rate of creases and wrinkles. I'd like my seats to hold up and look newer longer.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
Lynn_228i
AW BMW 228i with Black Dakota Leather Seats
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Thank you notime for you quick answer and letting me know that BMW and Mercedes both use high quality vinyl.

Thank you 228JB4 for letting me know that you may not upgrade to the leather for better wear.

Last edited by Lynn_228i; 05-27-2014 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: I let out the m in may as I type so quick so I edited this.
Appreciate 0