F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > OEM Cycle Holder Help!!!
ARMA SPEED

05-31-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
theturtle
Private
Rep
Drives: Lexus

OEM Cycle Holder Help!!!

Okay, I am having an absolutely terrible time.

I bought the OEM base support and the OEM cycle holder. The base support I got installed no problem but I am having a terrible effing type trying to install the cycle holder. The directions are all pictures which in my mind, would be easy to follow but in reality, it's quite difficult.

The biggest issue I'm having is those three little levers where you screw in. I understand the bottom of the screw is what goes into the base rail but I don't know what I'm supposed to do next. I can't tighten it all the way because the lever piece starts to hit the base and prevents me from turning and I can't tighten it from the bottom because, of course it's in the railing insert.

It says that I need to press it downwards but again. If I Tighten it too much then I can press the lever down yet when I do loosen it to the point where I can press it down, it makes me nervous that there's so much slack. See pictures of what I mean.

Not sure what to do. I want to ask the service center but I think they'll charge me and I bought this from a BMW dealership via ebay so I don't think they'll be inclined to help me free of charge.

Any helps?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 09:07 PM   #2
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Quote:
Originally Posted by theturtle View Post
Not sure what to do. I want to ask the service center but I think they'll charge me and I bought this from a BMW dealership via ebay so I don't think they'll be inclined to help me free of charge.
They will most likely help you without charge. Just give them a call, ask when they are least busy to take a look at it, and they will help you out. Little things like that they don't mind helping out with. It's different than installing an exhaust kit.

Plus, if it's OEM, it may be better to have them show you rather than accidentally breaking something. I would just have them help you, they shouldn't charge.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0