E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E93 rattle from middle roof panel.

06-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #1
LandoT
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328xi

Garage List
E93 rattle from middle roof panel.

Hello, I didn't see a technical forum that this would fit in so forgive me if I missed it. Anyways, I unplugged the exhaust valve plug in the trunk the other week and since then I've been hearing a rattle in the middle roof panel in low RPM ranges. I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact spot of the rattle but it is surely in the panel behind my head. It sounds as if a washer or something similar is loose and in contact with another piece of metal. It is not so bad when on bumpy roads but it is still noticeable. How hard is it to take the black paneling off? Are there any DIY guides that I have missed? I searched for other roof rattle threads but didn't see any that really provided any solution.
Appreciate 0