BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Sad Sad day for my AW e34 540i dinan 5!!!

12-05-2007, 06:45 PM   #1
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Sad Sad day for my AW e34 540i dinan 5!!!

just last week had an inspection done and some parts replaced for a total of 2500...the car ran great soo damn smooth....then my windshield wiper was messed up to i was taking it to the dealer and then all of a sudden from a stand still my car just revs no go(have an auto sadly)...then i put it in s4 mode and give it a little more gas to 3k rpms and bam she takes off and at cruise she was ok but not from a stop...today i got word it is indeed the trans...and guess how much a 1995 bmw e34 540ia trans mights cost....about 7700 plus labor!!!! i am ready to ...i brought this baby back from my college days it hawaii...she was always a greedy pig breaking all the time...but i loved her so...well now i guess she is gonna have to get sold as a parts car unless i can get someone to rebuild the trans (replace pump basically) cheap... ohh my baby!!!:sad0147::sad0147: i kept her cause of all the good times and the timeless style of the e34...i treater her so well...maybe the general(yes a real general) that drove it before me didn't...sadly this really might be the end...sry i just had to vent a lil...damn this car emptied my pockets so much i can't believe i am so sad...we are talking 26-30k in a 6 year span from 61k-131k...that is fricken nuts...but what a beautiful car.....gonna have to drive my 335 more...i wanted to keep the miles down and enjoy the e34 at the same time...oh well at least she won't be burning a whole in my pocket i could have leased a ferrari with how much that car has cost!!!
________
vtr1000
________
Live sex

Last edited by purplewidow; 09-11-2011 at 05:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
karan230
400 hp :)
India
Rep
Drives: SLK230 Sport

well, i'm not surprised a brand-new transmission through the BMW dealership costs that much...just shop around...look out a for a good independent mechanic to either rebuild your transmission or replace it with a rebuilt one...it should be a LOT cheaper.

i know how you feel about keeping your e34...i have a 1993 190E 2.3 which I've had since highschool and theres no way i'll sell her. she has over 200k miles, but no major problems (knock on wood) ...

good luck and i hope you don't have to let go of your baby =)

-K
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
sorry to hear that man.... hope you can find a shop to do it for you cheaper...

i know where your coming from. i wouldnt want to sell it either, and i suggest you dont... you'll live to regret it 10 years from now when your telling your friends about how it was your favorite... you know how that goes.
      12-07-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

that sucks man!

i had had an 1995 e34 525i before i got the e90. same issue, trans program! i went to my mechanic and they found shavings in my tranny fluid plus the tranny fluid was burnt. i was quoted from a few different places $4-5k including labor for a rebuilt tranny.

in the end, i decided not to do it. car already had 150k miles and i just didn't know what would go next. maybe if it was a m5, hehe.

i still miss my e34 though. it was a very good car.

it was after that i stepped into an e90.

Last edited by shragon; 12-07-2007 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

funny thing i never had anything come up on the onboard computer!!!!! the isssue started when i was driving to the dealer to get my windshield wiper fixed...no warnings nothing...just all of a suddden a loss of power being applied though it would rev...if i can do it for 1500-2000k then ok i would love to in a heartbeat...the e34 is my beast...it helps take the miles off of my 335 which is my all time favorite car out of the cars i have owned....still the e34 is my baby...thx for the encouragement...everyone and i mean everyone says it's time for her to go....the thing is after i spent 2500 for the inspection and some repairs the car was driving supurb...i mean there isn't anyother issue with the car....EVERYTHING works...everydamn button window..feature. everything...i even have a 4000k stereo with 1650watts and everything is great besides a little ground noise that i can make go away by not listening to the radio or just turning up the music a lil bit or turn the stereo off...really not an issue...the car runs sooooo smooth!!!!
________
toyota caldina specifications
________
Live Sex

Last edited by purplewidow; 09-11-2011 at 05:38 AM..
Appreciate 0