E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > More rattling with JB4

06-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #1
ferocity02
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

More rattling with JB4

I installed a JB4 G5 ISO on my otherwise stock 07 335i and now the wastegates seem to rattle much more than before (the rattling is not coming from the exhaust flap). I see that menu 10 and 12 could be used to reduce some of the rattle.

Menu 10: DWP. Adjustment used to mask off throttle wastegate rattle or reduce low throttle lag, Value is multiplied by 2.

Menu 12: Base duty cycle, Adjustment used to mask low throttle rattle and/or alter low throttle boost behavior.

First question is, how do these settings work? What do they do? How are they different from each other (they sound very similar)?

And secondly, how should I change these values to better mask the rattle? What would stock settings be?

Thanks!

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black Metallic

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #2
Jhe
JHE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe

JB4

I would suggest hooking up your car to your computer, make sure you're running the latest firmware and once connected, click on "Restore Default Settings". See how your car runs after you do that. If you still feel it's not right, do some data logging and let them tweak your car's settings. I know what you're going through..... It's a little frustrating trying to tune your car via email. It's really hard to learn or gather info when you are told what to change without knowing what or why you're doing it.
If you need any help, feel free to PM me, and I'll share what I've learned and gone through myself.
Appreciate 0