View Single Post
      01-25-2023, 11:08 AM   #7
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjabend View Post
I stopped by my local dealer yesterday and the person I spoke to said that if I order on March 1st I will be getting a 2024 X7. He said that was the case based on his reliable source at BMW. He also said there were no changes and I sent him a link to the now famous miles-long BMW5and7 thread I don't think I have seen 2024 prediction but may have missed it.
Hello rjabend
In fact ordering for 2024 XB7 had already started a few days ago. Dealers were given the ability to order 2024. The spec's and build sheets and packages had not been shared with them yet, but they can order a 2024 XB7 for you anytime now. As for the regular X7, it is not opened for ordering yet as of today, but March 1st sounds reasonable. They can however take a deposit and claim a spot for you, but that does not formally reserve a BMW production allocation but rather placing you in the que of the dealer's internal que (which means nothing in BMW factory language). However, 2024 XB7 is formally opened for orders now. Will share as more formal dates become available.

Quick clarification: My original thread that you shared had nothing to do with prediction or claim that 2024 coming soon/sooner. I did not make a prediction. I was only noting tech changes. As Mystro said, tech changes or announcement has nothing to do with SOP (or start of production with that tech). We may see the announcement made April/May or June, but production including a given new tech to start July for instance. A given tech may also get added to same/current model year early (mid production year changes). I added clarification to my original thread in Post #267 to avoid confusion and made a comment about the 2024 XB7 actually already available for ordering.

I also provided a summary of some (now formal) April updates that the will be formally getting. Link below

See post #276 in the thread
https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...6#post29771956

Last edited by BMW5and7; 01-25-2023 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0