BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum NOTE FOR NEW BUYERS: Difference between current build and new 4/2023 build

01-19-2023, 01:26 AM   #265
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorbunok View Post
Based on previous history of mid year refresh is the April when we can start to order the x7 with the new SP or April is when they start building and we can order 8 weeks in advance? Anyone knows?
I don’t know the specifics, but will share as I get to know more. Last heard from BMW was “Spring 2023”. Leaks and insiders are expecting April for the reveal, but nothing much on what that means for production vs ordering timeline.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 03:08 PM   #266
ericiu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Alpina XB7

2024 X7s are up for order or maybe just the Alpina XB7, but my vehicle inquiry report that I just got from my dealer lists "5AX- Highway Assistant" Is this the new system showing up?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 03:15 PM   #267
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericiu View Post
2024 X7s are up for order or maybe just the Alpina XB7, but my vehicle inquiry report that I just got from my dealer lists "5AX- Highway Assistant" Is this the new system showing up?
UPDATES FOR EVERYONE:
I am meeting a guy later this week and should have more news on that and will post later. Short answer to your question is, yes. 5AX will be the added feature to the X7 reflecting the addition of Highway Assistant. Will get back with more updates on XB7 vs X7 and which one will get it sooner. I might be able to post a photo taken from a full document explaining more detail later this month. We might see the feature effective starting March 1st at least for iX, shortly later for X7, but again I'll post more very shortly.

Another hint, it is now OFFICIALLY ADDED TO THE IX effective March 1st 2023 . In a few days or week we shall see that (highway assist) on the iX BMWUSA website added. X7 should follow soon and I'll post as soon as I know exact date. iX vehicles produced starting March 1st will get Highway Assistant. Pending date for X7.

I can also confirm now that the cost will be $2300 only for the entire drive assist pro including the new highway assistant (600 bucks increase only).
The maximum supported speed is not 80MPH, but instead will be 85 MPH highways

1/25 update: Dealers are now able to place formal order for 2024 XB7. They do not have formal ordering guides with spec's, but should be able to order a formal 2024 XB7 for you that reserves a spot BMW factory que. Note: Fill up of 2024 XB7 are expected to be closed within the next 30 days only!

1/25 update #2: Formal release by bmwgroup:
April X7 updates: Exclusive front-end styling brings heightened visual expression to BMW’s luxury models. Here, the optional BMW crystal headlights Iconic Glow – first introduced on the new BMW 7 Series and also available for the BMW X7 from April 2023 – radiate a particularly vibrant presence. With this headlights option, crystals from Swarovski positioned in the upper section of the lights and backlit by LED units perform the role of sidelights and daytime driving lights. Both when the sun is shining and at night, the crystals reflect the light in a multitude of facets. These headlights team up with the contour lighting for the BMW kidney grille to create a distinctive light signature.
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...23?language=en

1/26 update: #1. Confirming that 5AZ highway assist as well as 3DM crystal headlights now appear on the internal BMW docs for the X7 "screenshot 2nd photo below". No tech/specs/guides were released to dealers yet so don't as ask local dealer yet. 5AZ won't be made available to existing cars #2. Surprise that BMW XB7 for model year 2024 will start production April 1st, 2023. Pending SOP or new tech additions date for X7. Will update as I get more info soon.

1/27 update:
Confirming that X7 will now also get the video AR (Augmented Reality) as part of it's Live Cockpit Pro which was not included in the launch version. Might see that in an upcoming press-release

1/27 update #2: Some magazines and websites are starting to post about the Highway assist coming to X7 now. While they are already 6-months late to when I first posted it, at least for those looking for a 2nd confirmation, it is now confirmed.

2/5 update: BIG NEWS AND NEW ADDITIONS COMING.
  • Ambient Air is back TODAY!. Already can be ordered now in UK, coming soon to US dealers.
  • M Electric Front Sport Seats!!! Just like the X5 M. Available as of today in Europe, coming to US configurator soon. Coming at shocking low price too.
  • XOffroad package is back. See my last post for how it'd look like in the LCI now (TBD SOP date but it tested already).
  • Iconic Glow Crystal Headlights formally added to April production. Likely 1200USD.
  • something is going on with the BMW M (i.e.: X7 M) designation. Not sure if we will see the same designation update like we've seen in the launch year of MY 2019 with X7 50i becoming X7 M50i on 2020, but it's already in place and Germany and UK orders will be getting X7 M. Pending formal confirmation on US Market designation for BMW M with some tuning to justify the change. See photo below for X7 M.

2/8 update: breaking news

• BMW X7 MODEL-YEAR 2024 IS SET FOR APRIL 2023 PRODUCTION DATE.
  • No formal announcement yet, but I'll take the blame if this is not accurate "or at least my reputation here will do". If you are about to order, DO NOT unless u r sure yours is allocated for April production. April 2023 production will formally be 2024 build.
  • Price increase is ~$2400 for 40i (will update/confirm final #), and ~$3200 for M60i (will update/confirm final number)

Name:  Confidential - New X7 updates list.PNG
Views: 1529
Size:  25.5 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by BMW5and7; 02-08-2023 at 11:08 PM..
Appreciate 9
      01-22-2023, 11:27 AM   #268
Gadgetluva
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

I’m eager to see reviews of this new system in action on long highway drives.

I’m taking a ~2000mi road trip in the next month, and specifically purchased my X5 with DAPP as a must have. So far after using it (including a ~500mi trip), it has worked well, although it does have some flaws that have been predictable (merging lanes, lane markings not as visible, under bridges on sunny days). I’m hoping that Highway Assistant improves upon this system, which I would believe it has to in order to allow for hands free driving at up to 85mph.

I’ve been contemplating making an upgrade to an X7 since the extra room, specifically the 2nd row, would be nice. If I plan to continue to do longer road trips, I may pull the trigger for a 24 X7. The only question is…do I want the V8 enough to pay the $20k premium.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 04:13 PM   #269
bimmerdiesel
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335d, G07 M50i, F26 X4

Garage List
2022 bmw X7 M50i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X4  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetluva View Post
I’ve been contemplating making an upgrade to an X7 since the extra room, specifically the 2nd row, would be nice. If I plan to continue to do longer road trips, I may pull the trigger for a 24 X7. The only question is…do I want the V8 enough to pay the $20k premium.
V8 or I6 is very personal choice and you will see different thoughts in M60i vs 40i thread. I do want to point out that It is not $20k and more like a 10-12k upgrade when you do apples to apples. Also some options are not available in 40i e.g. dynamic handling package
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 04:16 PM   #270
Gadgetluva
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerdiesel View Post
V8 or I6 is very personal choice and you will see different thoughts in M60i vs 40i thread. I do want to point out that It is not $20k and more like a 10-12k upgrade when you do apples to apples. Also some options are not available in 40i e.g. dynamic handling package
I spec’d out both and the cost difference is almost exactly $20k.

Ultimately I’m very happy with my X5, just would like to have the extra space.

Edit: I just spec’d out the 40i to have the same options and such to get it as close to the M60i and yes, it’s about a $12k difference. However, those options (full merino leather, 22” wheels, and some other options) aren’t value add for me, which is why my preferred 40i spec is $20k cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 05:56 PM   #271
Brinkley77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Cadillac SRX

Garage List
2024   [0.00]
BMW X7  [0.00]
BMW5and7 This is great news thanks for keeping us posted as always. Really appreciate ya.
Appreciate 1
BMW5and71071.00
      01-22-2023, 06:30 PM   #272
X7nheaven
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Garage List
2023 BMW x7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea328xit View Post
I thought that the sensors located along the bottom edge of the right and left side doors of the new 7 may be related to the updated DAS (see 3 sensors aft of the blue patch towards the rear wheel in the attached image from the new 7), but they may be used for the automatic open/close doors.
That’s the opening for the light carpet. They are just more prominent on the 7. I had a new 760 for 2 weeks as a loaner and that’s exactly where the light carpet lights emitted from.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 09:33 PM   #273
BMWFantastic85
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
UPDATES FOR EVERYONE:
I am meeting a guy later this week and should have more news on that and will post later. Short answer to your question is, yes. 5AX will be the added feature to the X7 reflecting the addition of Highway Assistant. Will get back with more updates on XB7 vs X7 and which one will get it sooner. I might be able to post a photo taken from a full document explaining more detail later this month. We might see the feature effective starting March 1st at least for iX, shortly later for X7, but again I'll post more very shortly.

Another hint, it is now OFFICIALLY ADDED TO THE IX effective March 1st 2023 . In a few days or week we shall see that (highway assist) on the iX BMWUSA website added. X7 should follow soon and I'll post as soon as I know exact date. iX vehicles produced starting March 1st will get Highway Assistant. Pending date for X7.

I can also confirm now that the cost will be $2300 only for the entire drive assist pro including the new highway assistant (600 bucks increase only).
So starting April 2023? Do you know of any other updates for the 24? Thanks!
Appreciate 1
braver1.50
      01-23-2023, 03:56 PM   #274
braver
Rep
Drives: VW Atlas '22, want BMW x7 '23

Very cool, BMW5and7! The only question remaining is whether we should wait to order when it is in the menu or take a risk and order in advance and then add it before it goes into production, or cancel if it won't get it before that, as gorbunok (konek-gorbunok? is suggesting...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 05:23 PM   #275
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by braver View Post
Very cool, BMW5and7! The only question remaining is whether we should wait to order when it is in the menu or take a risk and order in advance and then add it before it goes into production, or cancel if it won't get it before that, as gorbunok (konek-gorbunok? is suggesting...
Good question. I hopping that I can also get the formal SOP date (start of production) with the new packages added, which would also help with timelines. But again, SOP vs ordering date are two different dates. Anyway I’ll show more as soon as I find out, I promise!
Appreciate 1
braver1.50
      01-25-2023, 11:07 AM   #276
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
UPDATES FOR EVERYONE:

1/25 update: Dealers are now able to place formal order for 2024 XB7. They do not have formal ordering guides with spec's, but should be able to order a formal 2024 XB7 for you that reserves a spot BMW factory que. Note: Fill up of 2024 XB7 are expected to be closed within the next 30 days only!
Added another update/data-point on the formal availability of 2024 XB7 now. Text in blue in the quoted post above. For clarity, ordering ability vs formal release of guides and formal spec's are two different things (those are not formally released to dealers yet, but the blind ability to formal order one and add it to formal factory que is opened to them)
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 11:11 AM   #277
ghurty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Volvo

Quote:
Added another update/data-point on the formal availability of 2024 XB7 now. Text in blue in the quoted post above. For clarity, ordering ability vs formal release of guides and formal spec's are two different things (those are not formally released to dealers yet, but the blind ability to formal order one and add it to formal factory que is opened to them)
So they can only order the Alpine? I would be looking at an M60, for that I would still need to wait?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 11:13 AM   #278
Yonate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw X7 40i x3

Don’t see anything about highway assist 🧐
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 11:54 AM   #279
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonate View Post
Interesting article. Looks like X7 will soon have:
- available crystal DRLs on the front (like on the 7 series, they look a lot better than the standard design imo)
- rear chrome strip will also be blacked out when ordering the M Sport Pro / extended shadowline package
- apparently a new parking assistant system (I'm not sure if this was already available on the 2023 X7)

And also the new self driving tech, which the article doesn't mention for whatever reason, even for the iX on which it has apparently been confirmed.

The new parking system seems like a big upgrade. For example if you have a garage spot you park in often, you can save the maneuver to get into that spot, but the car can automatically compensate for small differences - like other cars being in different positions, or a bike obstructing part of the area. Looks pretty cool, here's a 2 minute video.

Those who were able to wait will have some cool new options available, and a more blacked out rear if getting extended shadowline. (Not that it makes the existing 2023 X7s any worse... not trying to insult anyone's car).

Last edited by PinkNinja400Guy; 01-25-2023 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 12:06 PM   #280
Taktix1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkNinja400Guy View Post
Interesting article. Looks like X7 will soon have:
- available crystal DRLs on the front (like on the 7 series, they look a lot better than the standard design imo)
- rear chrome strip will also be blacked out when ordering the M Sport Pro / extended shadowline package
- apparently a new parking assistant system (I'm not sure if this was already available on the 2023 X7)

And also the new self driving tech, which the article doesn't mention for whatever reason, even for the iX on which it has apparently been confirmed.

The new parking system seems like a big upgrade. For example if you have a garage spot you park in often, you can save the maneuver to get into that spot, but the car can automatically compensate for small differences - like other cars being in different positions, or a bike obstructing part of the area. Looks pretty cool, here's a 2 minute video.

Those who were able to wait will have some cool new options available, and a more blacked out rear if getting extended shadowline. (Not that it makes the existing 2023 X7s any worse... not trying to insult anyone's car).
Ack, need that blacked out rear strip! As far as the parking system, I'm pretty sure it's in the current LCI. I use it daily and it's fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 12:10 PM   #281
Tehnoid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 m60i, X6Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taktix1 View Post
Ack, need that blacked out rear strip! As far as the parking system, I'm pretty sure it's in the current LCI. I use it daily and it's fantastic.
Yeah the new update enabled the enhanced parking. Some of these features I just find no use for. I must be absolutely in the minority, it is fun when driving off seeing all the recording it's doing in terms of inputs.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 12:26 PM   #282
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
UPDATES FOR EVERYONE:

1/25 update #2: Formal release by bmwgroup:
April X7 updates: Exclusive front-end styling brings heightened visual expression to BMW’s luxury models. Here, the optional BMW crystal headlights Iconic Glow – first introduced on the new BMW 7 Series and also available for the BMW X7 from April 2023 – radiate a particularly vibrant presence. With this headlights option, crystals from Swarovski positioned in the upper section of the lights and backlit by LED units perform the role of sidelights and daytime driving lights. Both when the sun is shining and at night, the crystals reflect the light in a multitude of facets. These headlights team up with the contour lighting for the BMW kidney grille to create a distinctive light signature.
Updated the post again to include recent April formal upgrades. New tech for Lights, trim pieces, etc. Still pending formal release of highway assist, but again, as I predicted months ago, April 2023 brings good news to those who decided to wait Congrats, hopefully more updates to come. Am glad the wait at least is proven to be for "something". More to come on highway assist soon.
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2023, 01:00 PM   #283
Brinkley77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Cadillac SRX

Garage List
2024   [0.00]
BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Updated the post again to include recent April formal upgrades. New tech for Lights, trim pieces, etc. Still pending formal release of highway assist, but again, as I predicted months ago, April 2023 brings good news to those who decided to wait Congrats, hopefully more updates to come. Am glad the wait at least is proven to be for "something". More to come on highway assist soon.
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0407852EN/bmw-model-update-measures-for-spring-2023?language=en
I’m curious if you know, will this to include new software?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 02:11 PM   #284
Orient330iNYC
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

i was expecting to see matrix LED or some other enhancement... but im kinda at a loss for words at:
New option for the BMW X7: BMW crystal headlights Iconic Glow.

Exclusive front-end styling brings heightened visual expression to BMW’s luxury models. Here, the optional BMW crystal headlights Iconic Glow – first introduced on the new BMW 7 Series and also available for the BMW X7 from April 2023 – radiate a particularly vibrant presence. With this headlights option, crystals from Swarovski positioned in the upper section of the lights and backlit by LED units perform the role of sidelights and daytime driving lights. Both when the sun is shining and at night, the crystals reflect the light in a multitude of facets. These headlights team up with the contour lighting for the BMW kidney grille to create a distinctive light signature.

From April 2023, customers will also be able to specify a new visual flourish for the rear end of the largest Sports Activity Vehicle: the optional M high-gloss Shadowline exterior trim with extended elements will now also include a rear trim strip in Black high-gloss.
crystals in the DRLS?
seriously?
Past: 2019 G01 M40i ZDA/2VF/ZPP/ZPX/688/3AC
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 02:43 PM   #285
Angelo_GraysonMiniBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3,2020 Land Cruiser

Check this out. I really like this one but don’t want the 23” wheels. I can probably get the price down to 115k. If I buy this, anyone want to trade for 21”? https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...Type=spotlight
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 03:41 PM   #286
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
i was expecting to see matrix LED or some other enhancement... but im kinda at a loss for words at:[INDENT]New option for the BMW X7: BMW crystal headlights Iconic Glow.

crystals in the DRLS?
seriously?
The new package code is 3DM and namely Crystal Headlights. See below for a new doc for 2024 builds (not formally released to dealers yet, but 3DM is what u need to look for if u have a new order coming in the next few months).
Attached Images

Last edited by BMW5and7; 01-25-2023 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0