View Single Post
      12-14-2005, 01:39 PM   #13
SpeedFreak!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by obLu
I agree with Clarkson on this one point; we'll never see a car like this again. The German horsepower race will continue, and we may still see another 1000hp car from the factory. But you'll never see such a purposefully engineered road car again.

Ah, come to think of it, nevermind. Ferrari'll probably end up coming out with a thinly veiled road car with all it's F1 bits in it to one-up the Bugatti.

One thing I found really interesting, Clarkson states each car costs 5.5 million pounds to produce so Bugatti (VW) is loosing a huge amount on each car. But in an interview with some Bugatti mucky mucky I read in one of the car mags, he states that Bugatti will be profitable with the first car (or was it first five ... horrible memory) that rolls off the assembly line?
I read the same article, I believe. The muckity muck definitely said... without question... that they would be profitable from day one with the Veyron. The follow up statement was that VW wrote off the Bugatti losses a while ago. So apparently... Bugatti is operating in the black due to writing off its losses.

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!
Appreciate 0