BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 1st Drive 2023 BMW X7 M60i by Joe Achilles

12-20-2022, 12:50 PM   #45
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyli888 View Post
My nephew who's close to me has a 2022 m50i. I wonder who's faster. Is there a phone app that can record 0-60 reasonably accurate or should I get a draggy?
Just get a Draggy. They are very useful and ultimately fun to work on your launches. FYI: Some of my fastest launches are not using a launch control.
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2022, 09:27 PM   #46
JJ(BM)Dubya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60

Nice to see a good review. Gotta say I have fallen in love with mine and I haven’t stopped enjoying it in the 3 months and about 2500 miles I’ve spent in it. The front is polarizing, but the MB Blue and blacked bout package really mutes the issue for me. Most of my pedal to the metal activity is in the 40-75 range and rarely do I light it up from a dead stop, but she goes like stink and is so comfortable. Got mine up to around 125mph effortlessly and 60 to 100 is just a few seconds of pure joy. My wife has a telluride and as nice as that car is for the money she can’t get over how much nicer this car is. I would do it all over again and wouldn’t change one thing about mine. The B&W stereo is something else too, although sometimes I have to turn it down so I can hear the engine purr.
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2023, 09:35 PM   #47
Mightywabbit
Rep
Drives: X5 m50d f15 and g05 m50d

So lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
It’ actually not as deep as u think, lol. I am a fan of buying pre-owned depreciated vehicles, and that’s what I’ve been doing for years and years (especially that I trade in very soon mostly every 1-2 years at bestl). I am new to BMW and just switched 2 of my family vehciles from MBenz to BMW just this year. My 530e xDrive is pre-owned also with 40K+ miles when I got at ~55% of it’s original MSRP, and it was a replacement of a cheaper C-class on May 2022!. My 2019 X7 50i is also a pre-owned loaded X7 that I got at a fraction of it’s original $121K MSRP, and it took my older GLS spot. So when u take all that into account, my current fleet probably did not cost me much more than what people are paying now for a 0-miles loaded 22’ M50 or 23’ M60i, yet for 2 vehicles. My wife’s X7 is the only one that I broke the rule of thump as it was her own decision and she wanted specific colors and anyway we got super trade-in offer on the iX, hence we never had the iX with the two X7s at the same time (she tends to keep her vehicles for 8-years+ unlike my case as I average 1.5 years at most, so hopefully 0-miles purchase would work financially in that case). People have different opinions, but to me buying 0-miles is a waste of money (unless u keep it for 8-10 years) otherwise I prefer to buy pre-owned with 2-3 years left on warranty before it’s due for a trade-in or renewed. In today’s market, it’s probably not that easy to find the right spec’s and right vehicle. If time goes back to 2019-2020 again, I’d certainly buy a 0-mile loaded X7 with same spec’s as the 2019 50i that I have, as I came to realize that am passing on the LCI until the new gen is revealed with spec’s or cosmetics that I like; otherwise I’ll have to look for other brands if BMW trend on some aspects continue.
You are so lucky in the US… 121 K for a fully loaded X7!!!! I just ordered one in Switzerland for 191’500!!!!!!! 🤮
Appreciate 1
BMW5and71071.00
      01-20-2023, 09:02 AM   #48
Gadgetluva
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saejin View Post
Know there are a lot deep pockets on this forum but damn a 530e as well along with the two X7s and the now traded in iX.

Gotta ask, since you’ve probably got the best real world experience.
How’s the 530e? Do you think BMW will put a similar drivetrain into the next gen X7…like an X7 40e or 50e?

At some point I plan to go EV, but will probably try out a hybrid before then.
I’m not the op of the comment you’re replying to, but I have an X5 45e which I think is a great daily driver. It’s plenty fast when its in sport mode (engages the electric motor and ICE) with 389HP combined, and it gets about 28-32 miles of pure electric range, depending on weather, how I drive, and the route itself. Once in a while, I can get 35-39, but that’s generally when I’m driving an average of 50mph with very few stops and in great weather (sunny, 60-75 degrees). The majority of my everyday driving is in full electric mode, and its very slow, but still very liveable. The silence in this mode is amazing, and it’s my preferred driving mode when I’m just going to the grocery store and running other errands. However, charging is painfully slow as its only rated at 3.6kW. I charge on a standard 110v outlet, and it takes about 18-20hrs to go from empty to full. A Level 2 charger on a 240v outlet would get me to full in 4-5 hours, which isn’t bad, but still slow for the ~20kwh battery pack.

The upcoming X5 LCI will move the PHEV to the 50e because it’ll be getting a stronger electric motor with around ~200hp vs the ~100hp in mine, and well as a revised version of the B58. All will be good for a rumored 480-490HP, a 90-100HP jump from the current gen. The biggest difference aside from the power will be the onboard charger, which bumps it up to 7.2kW, and should do wonders for charging from empty to full in a couple of hours. Battery size should be similar to the current X5 at around 17 or 18kWh usable (21kWh full pack if I recall correctly).

All said, these are different powertrains compared to the 530e, which pairs an electric motor with a variant of the 4cyl B48. Additionally, the battery is much smaller, so electric only range is in the mid teens if I remember correctly.
Appreciate 0