E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Any problems with JB!?

12-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #23
Insider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by who's ur daddy? View Post
JBS2.

AWD dyno showed +6 hp and +16 tq to the wheels. I was hoping for more, but am happy with the results. Drivability seems to be really good, but I'm not sure if it was because I didn't drive the car for a week while the dp's were being modded to fit the xi.

Sound of the engine and exhaust is more visceral. I like it!

Sorry for the threadjack.
With that little gain, it sounds like downpipes are not worth the money.
      12-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #24
who's ur daddy?
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Canada's first and only 323xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider View Post
With that little gain, it sounds like downpipes are not worth the money.
I can't recall, but weren't there some people that lost whp with dp's? Maybe it's a question of having a custom tune for dp's?

Also, the xi version is different than the i version since the i version was too large to fit. So maybe the xi version is more restrictive. I dunno.

I'd love to see more dynos from actual consumers showing gains.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #25
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
I can't recall, but weren't there some people that lost whp with dp's? Maybe it's a question of having a custom tune for dp's?

Also, the xi version is different than the i version since the i version was too large to fit. So maybe the xi version is more restrictive. I dunno.

I'd love to see more dynos from actual consumers showing gains.
I did a few tests and it wasn't 100% apples to apples but I think the catless downpipes were worth ~10rwhp on my car with the JB2, and around 20rwtq. Boost really comes on earlier with the DPs making for a faster car off the line.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #26
who's ur daddy?
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Canada's first and only 323xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
I did a few tests and it wasn't 100% apples to apples but I think the catless downpipes were worth ~10rwhp on my car with the JB2, and around 20rwtq. Boost really comes on earlier with the DPs making for a faster car off the line.
I actually do think it feels faster, but don't want to be a victim of the placebo effect. Plus I didn't have my car for an entire week.

Terry, get offline and finish the pill testing dammit.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #27
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I actually do think it feels faster, but don't want to be a victim of the placebo effect. Plus I didn't have my car for an entire week.

Haha will do! Time permitting I am going to do some testing on the stock catback/2nd cats too.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 11:28 AM   #28
Rugs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:

Post #14...http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...20#post1792620
SMART-Top /One-Off Opaque Vinyl EYELIDS / 30% TINT / A.C.SCHNITZER Pedals / "M" Tri-Color Wheel w/Paddles / EIBACH Pro-Kit / AKEBONA F. & EBC RED-STUFF R.Dustless Pads / Drilled & Slotted ROTORS / MIRO M6 Reps / MICHELIN PS2's / U.R.Coated DP's / CYBA-QUAD Exhaust Tips / BMS-TUNED...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2007, 09:36 PM   #29
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Haha will do! Time permitting I am going to do some testing on the stock catback/2nd cats too.
terry, please do - and u will be answering an important question for many of us.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2007, 09:39 PM   #30
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
terry, please do - and u will be answering an important question for many of us.

thanks
Will do! Although I think if you are worried about warranty issues it is unwise to change anything in the exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 03:49 PM   #31
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Will do! Although I think if you are worried about warranty issues it is unwise to change anything in the exhaust.
HEY terry!
btw, my dealer and the service head are turning out to be pretty cool
they gave me the o.k. for secondary cat delete, or even catless dps. only catch is i have to pay to fix (if i choose to) any cel or code problems related to exhuast mods

i put in JB1 2 days ago, and although i think ecu is still adapting, it feels a bit stronger already! sometimes it feels alot stronger, but who knows. is this normal until the ecu is fully adapted?

i will be doing a JB1 comparitive run against my baseline in a day or 2. will let u know what i come up with.

my next mod will be exhuast. since u and others say secondary cat delete is worth only worth 5 - 10 whp, maybe i will wait to do catless dps into stock (or stock like) exhuast. have been told that will give me approx 25whp and maybe more with my mild JB1 tune at altitude.... what do u think?

lastly, when u going to have the simms done for the catless dps?? alot of us r waiting for it so please HURRY UP!

best regards
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #32
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
HEY terry!
btw, my dealer and the service head are turning out to be pretty cool
they gave me the o.k. for secondary cat delete, or even catless dps. only catch is i have to pay to fix (if i choose to) any cel or code problems related to exhuast mods

i put in JB1 2 days ago, and although i think ecu is still adapting, it feels a bit stronger already! sometimes it feels alot stronger, but who knows. is this normal until the ecu is fully adapted?

i will be doing a JB1 comparitive run against my baseline in a day or 2. will let u know what i come up with.

my next mod will be exhuast. since u and others say secondary cat delete is worth only worth 5 - 10 whp, maybe i will wait to do catless dps into stock (or stock like) exhuast. have been told that will give me approx 25whp and maybe more with my mild JB1 tune at altitude.... what do u think?

lastly, when u going to have the simms done for the catless dps?? alot of us r waiting for it so please HURRY UP!

best regards

Sounds good! I would suggest keeping the stock catback/2nd cats, and go with offroad downpipes. Similar performance gains and a much quieter car.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #33
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good! I would suggest keeping the stock catback/2nd cats, and go with offroad downpipes. Similar performance gains and a much quieter car.
what do u mean by "offroad dps?".
can u recommend a brand or website for my 335 ??

thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #34
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
what do u mean by "offroad dps?".
can u recommend a brand or website for my 335 ??

thanks
Ultimate Racing, Riss Racing.....
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #35
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleh4852 View Post
Ultimate Racing, Riss Racing.....
so these are the "offroad dps?'"
duh on my part...i have been waiting for these riss catless to be released.

but terry, what about the simms for these and other catless dps? any progress? you yourself got alot of cels with another brand of catless dps correnct?

Riss states that no cels or codes w their riss catless dps, but who knows?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #36
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:

but terry, what about the simms for these and other catless dps? any progress? you yourself got alot of cels with another brand of catless dps correnct?

I will let him answer the other parts, but when someone says "off-road" dps they just mean dp's without cats.....
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #37
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

All catless downpipes will throw codes on the newer ECU versions. I have o2 simms available for $120 that solve the issue. Can't go wrong with UR or Riss so take your preference there.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 04:26 PM   #38
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
All catless downpipes will throw codes on the newer ECU versions. I have o2 simms available for $120 that solve the issue. Can't go wrong with UR or Riss so take your preference there.
sounds good, will pm u re the simms.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #39
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

my wife ordered mine as part of my xmas gift on sunday, so all i have been doing since is lurking around reading about how everyone loves there JB2...I can't wait to get this thing installed and see what all the racket is about..I am sooo psyched..

The wait is killing me but I'll have it in a few days which is a hell of alot better than the competitors making people wait 2 months for a product 4 times the price.

Can't wait..Thanks for offering such a great product at such an amazing price Terry!!..

I have a question though...cuz I remember when the JB1 was initially the "terry tuner" and everyone was throwing him under the bus..he was being banned from the forums etc...What was the turning point that people realized that Terry actually knows what he is doing? Regardless I am super stoked to get this thing I wish today was thursday (thats when I am supposed to have my JB2)
07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #40
Dan335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6MT,w/sp. pack.

They realized he knows what he,s doing by how his product performs with no problems at all.No cel,s no limp mode,overheating,etc. Customer service is among the best,and his products WORK!.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #41
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep
Drives: E92 335

I've only had my JB2HR installed for one day...absolutely love it and the customer support!