BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum New X7 Owner Road Trips from PCD Delivery to Alaska

07-16-2021, 04:13 AM   #529
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
You don't need to go that far. Petrol prices top 2 euros for first time ever in Netherlands on June 27th. Sad but true

https://nltimes.nl/2021/06/27/petrol...irst-time-ever

// E90 M3 LCI DCT in Jerez Black with Fox Red Leather // Alcantara Trim // ST XTA Coilovers // 1.75 Exhaust Mod // Pinnacle Undertray // @jerez.black.e90.m3 //
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 08:00 PM   #530
Cattack
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7

Greatly appreciate this post and trip details. Wild Blue enhanced our purchase by showing us what could be done. The wife and I did PCD, bought several of the suggested accessories and made similar modifications including PPF and ceramic coating for our mineral white X7. At 5,000 miles, we plan to execute the same maintenance plan. I wanted to put my voice in the chorus of those that appreciate this thread. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 08:43 PM   #531
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattack View Post
Greatly appreciate this post and trip details. Wild Blue enhanced our purchase by showing us what could be done. The wife and I did PCD, bought several of the suggested accessories and made similar modifications including PPF and ceramic coating for our mineral white X7. At 5,000 miles, we plan to execute the same maintenance plan. I wanted to put my voice in the chorus of those that appreciate this thread. Thank you
Wow, thanks, man. I'm flattered. Appreciate the feedback!
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 04:33 AM   #532
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Hard to believe it's been one year since I did my PCD and started this thread. Car's still amazing. I put my one-year review here: https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1906462
Appreciate 3
mjn771072.50
sJohnny264.00
      06-01-2022, 03:58 AM   #533
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Just want to say thanks to all. For whatever reason, people seem to still have an interest in this thread. Now passed 100,000 views, making it the 5th highest thread in the X7 forum, even among the mega-ongoing threads, and 4th highest of replies.

Thanks, keep reading, and I'll try to put together more road trips!
Appreciate 8
khai Dow336.00
djbonsu113.00
sJohnny264.00
Vinnrox2503002.00
mjn771072.50
supdes48.00
srisri6.00
      09-04-2022, 04:19 PM   #534
Fatandre
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 850

So how is the X doing? Does it handle Alaska well or should you have gone with a defender or something more ruffed?
      09-06-2022, 09:35 PM   #535
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatandre View Post
So how is the X doing? Does it handle Alaska well or should you have gone with a defender or something more ruffed?
I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm loving my X7. It has turned out to be the absolute perfect purchase for me. Size, fit, driving performance, design, build quality, capabilities. And BMW really hit a home run when making the first G07. (we're keeping our fingers crossed the X7 LCI is just as good)

The X7 does great for Alaska, especially my M50i loaded with all features. It's been rugged enough that I've taken it WAY off grid in the Alaska bush back roads, deep into isolated parks, and even the dirt highway up to the Arctic Circle. (see my various road trip journals in my signature below).

Plenty of power for steep Alaska mountains. Cold weather capability for winters, especially with my winter tire set. Summer tires allow for high speeds on long highway drives. Car is classy enough for the most respectable functions. And capable enough to get her as dirty as I need.

I take good care of her, and she still looks virtually as perfect as the day I picked her up.

NOW... for those who have enjoyed this thread, I actually have just started a brand new mega road trip, doing yet another PCD to Alaska cross-continent trip, in a new X5 that will be my secondary family car. This new trip will be even much bigger and better than the trip in this thread, so stay tuned, I'll be starting the journal probably tomorrow!
Appreciate 3
Brigitte484.50
Edwardsc1251.00
      09-06-2022, 10:33 PM   #536
Brigitte
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 Mazda CX-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm loving my X7. It has turned out to be the absolute perfect purchase for me. Size, fit, driving performance, design, build quality, capabilities. And BMW really hit a home run when making the first G07. (we're keeping our fingers crossed the X7 LCI is just as good)

The X7 does great for Alaska, especially my M50i loaded with all features. It's been rugged enough that I've taken it WAY off grid in the Alaska bush back roads, deep into isolated parks, and even the dirt highway up to the Arctic Circle. (see my various road trip journals in my signature below).

Plenty of power for steep Alaska mountains. Cold weather capability for winters, especially with my winter tire set. Summer tires allow for high speeds on long highway drives. Car is classy enough for the most respectable functions. And capable enough to get her as dirty as I need.

I take good care of her, and she still looks virtually as perfect as the day I picked her up.

NOW... for those who have enjoyed this thread, I actually have just started a brand new mega road trip, doing yet another PCD to Alaska cross-continent trip, in a new X5 that will be my secondary family car. This new trip will be even much bigger and better than the trip in this thread, so stay tuned, I'll be starting the journal probably tomorrow!
I really enjoyed this thread. I'll be watching your new adventure...
Have a safe trip!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 12:28 AM   #537
OCBimmerFam
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i, X5, X7

Played catch up and just read through your first PCD pickup to Seattle trip, such an amazing experience. I lived a bit vicariously through you as it didn't work out to do PCD on the X7 I ordered (although I would have just driven from NC to CA).

Glad to hear you'll be embarking on another and grandeur journey — Hopefully this time you'll be able to also travel through Canada and the Alaskan Hwy.

I grew up in Nome and Anchorage and have traveled that route twice myself.

Way to enjoy the journey, both in life and on the long drive across the US!
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      09-18-2022, 11:57 PM   #538
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

For those who are interested, my new PCD to Alaska road trip journal is now live, posting in it every day for the next two months:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1952673
Appreciate 1
GL121.00
      10-09-2022, 02:38 AM   #539
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Shameless self-plug here.

My latest PCD road trip journal is still GOING IN THIS THREAD HERE.

Posting updates every day. Have been going for 40 days, and have another couple weeks to go. This time, I'll be going through Canada at the end and seeing the beauty there, on the way to Alaska!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2023, 04:36 PM   #540
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post

Great thread- thanks Wild Blue. Sounds like you’re onto your next adventure. Random question- does the PCD provide special license plate frames? We’re heading down in at the end of the month and are trying to figure out if we want to order a frame from somewhere or see what they provide. Especially curious as our great state of Illinois requires front plates. Not sure if they have a ‘special’ frame that attached well without drilling into the bumper.

Thanks for any insights
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 01:22 AM   #541
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagox7 View Post
Great thread- thanks Wild Blue. Sounds like you’re onto your next adventure. Random question- does the PCD provide special license plate frames? We’re heading down in at the end of the month and are trying to figure out if we want to order a frame from somewhere or see what they provide. Especially curious as our great state of Illinois requires front plates. Not sure if they have a ‘special’ frame that attached well without drilling into the bumper.

Thanks for any insights
Sorry for the late reply here. No, the PCD doesn't have special license plate frames, but it'd be awesome if they did. Unfortunately, a year and a half ago the PCD had some small things removed, like the BMW water mug gifts, so I'd be surprised if they're looking to add anything like this.
Appreciate 0