European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-23-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

M4 Convertible Neck Warmer Temp Range?

OK, realize not a riveting thread but could not find any specs on the actual temperature of the airflow out of the M4 seat neck warmers.

I live in Houston and so these things will be effectively useless except for a few months of the year (maybe)!

I am hoping that the lowest temp setting is actually in the high 60's but probably not - Do wish they had a variable control over the full temp range so that you can have cool air when driving in the high 80's-90's?

Curious if anyone has the stats on the 3 temperature settings?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 08:57 PM   #2
sherm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
OK, realize not a riveting thread but could not find any specs on the actual temperature of the airflow out of the M4 seat neck warmers.

I live in Houston and so these things will be effectively useless except for a few months of the year (maybe)!

I am hoping that the lowest temp setting is actually in the high 60's but probably not - Do wish they had a variable control over the full temp range so that you can have cool air when driving in the high 80's-90's?

Curious if anyone has the stats on the 3 temperature settings?
I think the neck warmer is only on the convertibles.. I may be wrong because I learn more and more about this car everyday lol
///M4 | Alpine White | Sakhir Orange Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim & Roof | DCT | Black 19" Wheels | Executive Package | Driver Assistance Plus Package | Adaptive M Suspension | Enhanced USB | Parking Assist | Harman Kardon
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 09:01 PM   #3
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherm View Post
I think the neck warmer is only on the convertibles.. I may be wrong because I learn more and more about this car everyday lol
Yes, but those are also an M4s.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherm View Post
Yes, but those are also an M4s.
Topless M4's. M4's where neck warmers make sense. I don't believe neck warmers are present in an F80/82. They surely aren't present in an F30/32, and the basic interior is the same. Maybe the Cold Weather package adds that element, but it looks to only be present on convertibles.

OP, nobody here has taken possession of an M4 vert. You're better off searching the convertible 4-Series forums for your answer.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #5
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep

Yep - have an M4 convertible on order PW33 with ED in late August-early Sept to be confirmed, not sure if on the coupe or M3 - I know it is way down in the weeds in respect everything else we want to know and experience with the car but could not find any info on the yep settings which by default makes me want to know more !
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #6
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob
Yep - have an M4 convertible on order PW33 with ED in late August-early Sept to be confirmed, not sure if on the coupe or M3 - I know it is way down in the weeds in respect everything else we want to know and experience with the car but could not find any info on the yep settings which by default makes me want to know more !
Check my edit about. Inquire on the 4-Series forums.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #7
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep

Thx - Sedan_Clan - apologies, got distracted and did not read all your response before replying! Makes sense, will do. On another note, I wonder if I will have one of the first convertibles, at least in Texas, prob not!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 09:36 PM   #8
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob
Thx - Sedan_Clan - apologies, got distracted and did not read all your response before replying! Makes sense, will do. On another note, I wonder if I will have one of the first convertibles, at least in Texas, prob not!
It's possible. As soon as you get it, post photos.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 06:00 AM   #9
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep

No joy in the 4 series forums as yet on the neck warmer specs - strange you cannot find this in the details on the cold package. Found one description that seems to suggest it is "automatically regulated according to outside temperature" (!) which seems at odds with having 3 set controls.

PS: My Convertible will be MG with DCT, Individual Amaro Brown leather and Black Piano trim, and basically decked out except for the ceramic brakes (ZEC, ZLP, ZDB, Adapitive, 19" black wheels, HK, iPhone etc.).
Appreciate 0