BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
ntoxicateddragon
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

tial q bov not opening and no sound

i recently installed jb4 g4 board (running map 5) and a few days later i installed er chargepipe with tial q bov with 11lbs spring (unpainted) on my 135i. once i started the car let it warm up and revved it up to 3k then 6k a few times the valve did not open but there was a very faint sound. also took it for a test drive but no to very minimal sound from the bov. im hitting a lil over 10lbs of boost as well. so i went to a local shop they tested the bov and my vac on my intake manifold during idle and said that everything is good n that my mercury level is around 15-17. they had few a used tial springs available. they recommended the 8lb spring and so i did. now the valve stays open while idle and the sound is a little bit more noticeable. but it doesnt have that unique sexy sound the tial bov is known for. what can i do? would adding a few washers to the 8lb spring a better choice or swap back to the 11lb spring? any ideas or recommendations about this?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
fredy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Mine did that too, I greased the o-ring and set the problem, it is as if the o-ring remained stuck. sorry for my english I use a translator...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...highlight=tial
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #3
ntoxicateddragon
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

yea i guess ill try that out and see if that solves the issue tomorrow. ill try and post a video along with that and see if anyone notice anything. your english is good at least i im able to understand you.
Appreciate 0