BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-31-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
takenit2dmax
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Silver M-sport NAV

Ordering parts from USA (brokerage fees)

Recently ordered some parts from ECS Tuning for $400 thinking I would save some $ compared to ordering them local, and was unpleasantly surprised to find a UPS brokerage fee of $155. So between shipping and brokerage that's more than half of the price of the parts. I guess I will steer clear of UPS next time. Unfortunately ECS didn't offer USPS.

Any recommendations on where to buy BMW parts without getting raped? Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 07:44 PM   #2
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

Its Canada Customs. Yes, UPS brokerage fees are high. Many of us have known that for some time. Those of us somewhat close to border get our stuff shipped to UPS Store just across the border (in USA) and bring stuff across ourselves saving the brokerage fees and just paying normal taxes and perhaps duty.
Last year the wait at USA UPS Store for Canadians just before Christmas picking up stuff was 3 to 4 hours.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
Mikee82
Private
Rep
Drives: '86 325, '11 128, '18 X3 30i

I also have found UPS to be the worst for brokerage fees, they kill you with it. I find shipping by US postal service to be the least expensive way to go, if you can wait the extra week or so for delivery...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 09:51 PM   #4
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by takenit2dmax View Post
Recently ordered some parts from ECS Tuning for $400 thinking I would save some $ compared to ordering them local, and was unpleasantly surprised to find a UPS brokerage fee of $155. So between shipping and brokerage that's more than half of the price of the parts. I guess I will steer clear of UPS next time. Unfortunately ECS didn't offer USPS.

Any recommendations on where to buy BMW parts without getting raped? Thanks in advance
Got raped too by UPS ordering from ECSTuning in the past.

I found this place called ExoParts and they are located in Mississauga.

They offer two choices (genuine or OEM) of parts, for any European vehicle.

Their pricing is below the dealership prices.

Im based in Mirabel, Quebec, and their shipping is blazingly fast - I received my parts in less than 24 hours) !

If you know what you are looking for, send Randy an email with part numbers, and he will provide you pricing for genuine and OEM equivalents.

I cannot say enough good things on his level of service and agressive pricing!

Try them out!

www dot exoparts dot com
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #5
takenit2dmax
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Silver M-sport NAV

Thanks for the info. I will definitely check them out next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999 View Post
Got raped too by UPS ordering from ECSTuning in the past.

I found this place called ExoParts and they are located in Mississauga.

They offer two choices (genuine or OEM) of parts, for any European vehicle.

Their pricing is below the dealership prices.

Im based in Mirabel, Quebec, and their shipping is blazingly fast - I received my parts in less than 24 hours) !

If you know what you are looking for, send Randy an email with part numbers, and he will provide you pricing for genuine and OEM equivalents.

I cannot say enough good things on his level of service and agressive pricing!

Try them out!

www dot exoparts dot com
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #6
binnkim
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

I just heard of this thing:
http://www.reship.com
I have never used it but the idea seems decent.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 07:00 AM   #7
pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio

Garage List
I ordered from ecs and used their canada shipping saver option. It's like $65 and you don't pay any fees at all. Try that next time. I still saved a lot even though shipping was $65.
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / Bilstein B8 / H&R Springs / Dinan Fixed Camber Plates / BMW 335i Front Brakes / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 05:06 AM   #8
Briancanadiano
Brian335tt
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i premium package 19"ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj.rodriguez View Post
I ordered from ecs and used their canada shipping saver option. It's like $65 and you don't pay any fees at all. Try that next time. I still saved a lot even though shipping was $65.
+1
You really gotta do the math, I have found out that sometimes it's just not worth it to buy from the states... On the other hand German
Parts.ca have oem parts for BMW Audi Porsche and vw and there prices are usually the lowest after I do all the math..

On ecs tunning for us Canadians the Cana-ease (whatever it's called) is a must! But rarely I find it to be cheaper then germanparts.ca.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 07:02 AM   #9
pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briancanadiano View Post
+1
You really gotta do the math, I have found out that sometimes it's just not worth it to buy from the states... On the other hand German
Parts.ca have oem parts for BMW Audi Porsche and vw and there prices are usually the lowest after I do all the math..

On ecs tunning for us Canadians the Cana-ease (whatever it's called) is a must! But rarely I find it to be cheaper then germanparts.ca.
I agree. And on a side, germanparts.ca gives 15-20% discount for CCA members. It's on the BMW CCA website as a perk if you're a member. just FYI!
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / Bilstein B8 / H&R Springs / Dinan Fixed Camber Plates / BMW 335i Front Brakes / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
Appreciate 0