BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-19-2015, 12:49 AM   #1
Maloney
Vroom
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 AW FR

2010 BMW 135i N54 Injectors are bad

Hey guys,

I've done quite a bit of searching still haven't found an answer. The car at cold start during cold weather is extremely rough and wreaks of burning rich. I assume its the injectors by the research I've done. I know they had an injector recall on the n54, but wasn't sure if it covered 2010's.

Anyone have their injectors replaced on a 2010? Was it covered if the car was out of warranty? I just had the HPFP replaced a few months ago and thats when the injectors seemed to begin to fail.

Any help is appreciated.
      02-19-2015, 02:49 AM   #2
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Are you certain it is the injectors? Coils seem more likely to fail than injectors. Do you have any way to diagnose which cylinder you are having the issue with? I used a bluetooth dongle and Bmwhat to diagnose which cylinder my issue was. I had the #1 coil go bad and was able to switch it with another cylinder to verify it was the coil. Later I had the same symptoms and found it to actually be a injector but on the #3 cylinder. Since my car was out of waranty I had to pay myself and while they were at it I had them replace all injectors at the same time (to save the money down the road). Each injector has to be programed to the car as well so it is NOT a DIY job unless you have a BMW mantenence computer to program them.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 06:52 PM   #3
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 N54

You can DIY, you can get the software on eBay. That beings said it should be covered under the recall. If your not throwing codes pull your plugs and see if any of them are wet. If there is one or two, that's your problem.