BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-03-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
FactorX81
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i, 2014 Ford Escape Ti

Suspension Control Malfunction

Hey guys I changed out my subframe bushings a couple of weeks ago(3) and last week I got a warning light for suspension control malfunction. Assuming I screwed something up I inspected the wiring on the subframe and didn't see anything obviously wrong. The exact code was a 5e46 error which is for steering angle sensor. Whenever I read it it says not present and the system is okay. So this begs the question how did I do that? From what I have read online some people experience this error when they do suspension work and have to reset the steering angle sensor. Is it possible that the subframe is not aligned properly and the sensors are detecting this? The car tracks perfectly straight and I have not gotten an alignment.

Summary:
1 Changed Bushings
2 Flushed brake fluid because of brake line disconnect verified no leaks
3 Got DSC disabled, Hill assist disabled warnings( yellow brake on, circle triangle with !)
4 Read 5e46 error from DSC module cleared but comes and goes.(steering angle sensor)

Anyone know what to do? I was thinking about dropping the subframe slightly again and re-securing it trying to tighten evenly to make sure it is in alignment. Next I would try using inpa or tool32 to reset the steering angle sensor.(any diys would be appreciated)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #2
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Alignment would be first on my list. When I had my bushings replaced with M3 parts, my steering wheel was off a few degrees, and they had to adjust my steering angle
Appreciate 0