BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #1
raposka
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i, 6MT, LSD, DISA

Brake Coding Request to BMWhat App

Hello, fellas.

I had recently upgraded my brakes to 335i calipers up front and 328i calipers in the rear. While I have not experienced any issues, I am aware that BMW protocol is to code the "performance brake" upgrade, if you upgraded to the 135i 6 piston Brembo calipers.

I have the BMWhat App and have used it successfully for other things. One thing that it does not offer, at least not yet, is the ability to code the "performance brakes" on the 128i. The response I got from Arian at BMWhat is that as more people request this, they will look into adding it.

Here is what he wrote:
Hello Robert,

quite sure that we’ll work on this sooner or later.
We said the same thing about a couple of other requests in the beginning and after some time those requests got more and more :-)
If you have any other questions about the app or the adapter, please let me know.

Best regards from Munich

Arian
If you have a 128i and use the BMWhat App, particularly if you have upgraded your brakes, you may want to send Arian an email to request this be added to the already long list of coding available.

His email is:

coding@ivini-apps.com

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 10:34 AM   #2
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
They would have to add it to the Vehicle Order (VO), assuming the app just does basic coding, you'd be better off using NCSEXPER
Appreciate 0