BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-09-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
badbeef
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 pedals

9500ci

Does anyone have a 9500ci? I've been researching it, especially the new model but wanted to hear from anyone who has first hand experience.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 06:39 AM   #2
Froze
Idiot
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 - Frozen White

I've got it's cousin - the Bel STiR+. After doing all the research you are about to do it was clear that if you wanted the laser jammer piece as well, that the laser jammers which come with the 9500 are weak. That was 2 years ago, granted. Could be better now....

With the Bel STiR+ you can pair them with another brand. I went Laser Interceptor (I've also heard of ALP??? but don't know much). ALP sounds like they are good too, but I get enough saves with my LI's to be happy with them.

Good luck. Happy to answer questions.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
badbeef
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froze View Post
I've got it's cousin - the Bel STiR+. After doing all the research you are about to do it was clear that if you wanted the laser jammer piece as well, that the laser jammers which come with the 9500 are weak. That was 2 years ago, granted. Could be better now....

With the Bel STiR+ you can pair them with another brand. I went Laser Interceptor (I've also heard of ALP??? but don't know much). ALP sounds like they are good too, but I get enough saves with my LI's to be happy with them.

Where did you put the display and control modules?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #4
mreed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 | 2020 X3M

From my understanding, the new 9500ci only comes with 2 laser jammers (for the front) and they are re-branded Laser Interceptors. They run slightly older software so they aren't as good as the standard ones, but much better than the old ones they packaged with the 9500ci. Haven't bought one yet though so I can't comment on effectiveness.
      07-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #5
BHK
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 bluestone M550i

Have 9500ci installed - just bought it used a month ago. Found out first hand that the laser shifters don't work with some of the newer lasers in Alberta and BC (Canada).
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:40 PM   #6
BHK
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

whoops - my post above was very unclear. I bought the car used, the 9500ci was already installed. The installation was very clean with the display integrated with the rear view mirror. If I was installing a new one, I'd probably go with the Bel STiR+ as you can get better laser shifters.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #7
badbeef
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK View Post
whoops - my post above was very unclear. I bought the car used, the 9500ci was already installed. The installation was very clean with the display integrated with the rear view mirror. If I was installing a new one, I'd probably go with the Bel STiR+ as you can get better laser shifters.
I think that requires a different mirror. Where did they put the GPS unit? I've seen some on the dash in front of the guage hump..don't like that it's visible.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 02:53 PM   #8
BHK
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

I'm not sure where the GPS antenna is located for the radar detector - can you see it in the attached pic?

Name:  m3 interior.JPG
Views: 290
Size:  88.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #9
Froze
Idiot
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 - Frozen White

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbeef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froze View Post

Where did you put the display and control modules?
Display integrated into rear view mirror. Controls in ashtray so I can hide them cleanly.

I've seen others mount controls on steering column and other places but I prefer something clean. It costs more but if you are gonna spring for a stealth install system in the first place you may as well do the install right.

I've got a thread somewhere here on my install which shows pics of all pertinent pieces.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 08:01 PM   #10
typicaltrabes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I have one and couldn't be happier. Paid for it self when I got a zapped doing 98 in a 60. Slowed down and turned it off and the cop just grilled me as I drove by but never pulled me over. I have it integrated into my mirror, took out the compass and put it where the compass display had been. The controls for mine are overhead on the center console where a sunroof control would be. I love it, never regretted spending the money on it.
Appreciate 0