BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

07-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
Mr. BMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2018 Jeep Grand Che ...  [0.00]
Bumper repair shop?

I' m looking to get the screw holes for the front plate mounting bracket repaired. I have a green plate so I don't need the mounting bracket.

I've seen pics of the plugs but I really don't like the way that looks.

I've also see videos of guys filling the holes with glazing compound and then using touch up paint but i don't think I have the skill or patience to get it to come out good.

Can anyone recommend a shop to repair the holes?
06 330i Monaco Blue/Black (retired)
02 X5 3.0 Topaz Blue/Black (retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #2
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 + f15

Garage List
The body shop I would recommend is Mike's Auto Body in malden. Great work, awesome guys, and their shop car is a Java Green E92 M3. They know their BMWs really well.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 08:49 PM   #3
Mr. BMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2018 Jeep Grand Che ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ View Post
The body shop I would recommend is Mike's Auto Body in malden. Great work, awesome guys, and their shop car is a Java Green E92 M3. They know their BMWs really well.
The guys over at Unique Car Care recommended Mikes so I went over and talked to them. They were really cool and went over the whole process and assured me that it would come out really nice and the paint would match perfectly. I set up an appointment to have it done but I later decided not to have it done and canceled the appointment.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I've had a few bad experiences with other body shops in the past with my other cars so I'm hesitant to have anyone work on this car. I was worried about the paint matching and the durability of of the new paint vs the factory paint. Again the guy at Mikes assured me it would match and be as durable as the factory finish.
I've only had the car a couple of months so I'm just going to enjoy it for now. I might try the bumper plugs, even though the perfectionist in me will not like them.
06 330i Monaco Blue/Black (retired)
02 X5 3.0 Topaz Blue/Black (retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 08:36 AM   #4
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 + f15

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. BMW View Post
The guys over at Unique Car Care recommended Mikes so I went over and talked to them. They were really cool and went over the whole process and assured me that it would come out really nice and the paint would match perfectly. I set up an appointment to have it done but I later decided not to have it done and canceled the appointment.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I've had a few bad experiences with other body shops in the past with my other cars so I'm hesitant to have anyone work on this car. I was worried about the paint matching and the durability of of the new paint vs the factory paint. Again the guy at Mikes assured me it would match and be as durable as the factory finish.
I've only had the car a couple of months so I'm just going to enjoy it for now. I might try the bumper plugs, even though the perfectionist in me will not like them.
You're welcome to look at my bumper and rear quarter panel. Paint and clear match perfectly, and no flaws that I can see. I am OCD when it comes to my car, and they definitely exceeded my expectations. Completely understand where you're coming from as I've had bad body shop experiences in the past.
Appreciate 0