BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-30-2015, 09:12 PM   #1
woody4332
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 (E93)

11 days without the ///M

I was rear ended a little over 2 weeks ago, it was a Wednesday, a Wednesday i'll not soon forget. I took my bruised M3 to the shop on the following Monday, they promised to take good care of her! Enterprise picked me up, I almost teared up as we drove away. For the next 11 days I would have to be in a Toyota Corolla. The first time I stepped on the gas pedal I knew it was going to be a long and hated relationship. (I think that car is still trying to hit 60MPH). After a few days I started to have M withdrawals, hoping the fix would be quick I called the shop on Thursday, sadly they found more damage than what met the eye, I had to wait for Geico to come approve the extra repairs. Ugh the weekend with the rental... Monday I decided that if I can't drive my ///M ill buy something for it! I ordered a Macht Schnell underdrive pulley kit and the MS stage II intake! I was excited, the waiting continued, again on Thursday I called for info on my car, I was told I could get it Friday afternoon! I could hardly contain myself, I left work early, and dropped off the rental! Finally I was reunited with my M3! It felt like when I took it on my test drive! Insane power that brings a smile to the face of the driver! 60MPH came so quickly (I was no longer in the rental!) when I got home the MS goodies were waiting at my door! I couldn't wait, I immediately went to work and installed the Stage II intake (The pulleys will have to wait for a pro). I am so happy with this intake, the car is alive now, the engine growl is much louder and the feel in the seat is intensified! Long story short, I'm so glad to have my ///M back!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 09:54 PM   #2
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

Glad you're back in your ///M! Can imagine the feeling you must have been feeling. In the spirit of getting it back, post some pics of it! Enjoy it and hopefully without any issues in the future.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 12:31 AM   #3
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Glad to hear your car is back safe and sound. This is why I actually enjoy driving a beater to work during the week. I enjoy the M3 that much more when I get back in it.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 11:03 PM   #4
njdrive
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ZCP

I felt your pain the moment I read they gave you a Toyota Corolla.