Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

12-31-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
The Goat
Registered
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Wheel decisions, help please

Hi all,

First post, hoping for some opinions as I'm torn

Picked up my azzurite m4 a couple of weeks ago, long story short I was offered a deal on a showroom car that I then negotiated about 17% off list so was a great buy in the end. All the options I wanted except wheels, I wanted the black 19's and have the silver/grey. They have grown on me and look better in the flesh but still I am really wanting the black diamond cut

Here is my debate:
1) get them diamond cut black - can be done but needs 3 days and I need it everyday
2) get them powder coated full gloss black, my concern is that it will look too... Erm... Chavy/ricer/not great etc. Prove me wrong if you have this
3) buy aftermarket which I am very torn on what

So I am really just after some opinions to help me decide
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 09:48 AM   #2
BuzzE46
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3 E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Hi all,

Picked up my azzurite m4 a couple of weeks ago, long story short I was offered a deal on a showroom car that I then negotiated about 17% off list so was a great buy in the end. All the options I wanted except wheels, I wanted the black 19's and have the silver/grey. They have grown on me and look better in the flesh but still I am really wanting the black diamond cut

Here is my debate:
1) get them diamond cut black - can be done but needs 3 days and I need it everyday
2) get them powder coated full gloss black, my concern is that it will look too... Erm... Chavy/ricer/not great etc. Prove me wrong if you have this

Some cars look good with the powder coated black. for those rims I wouldn't do it.

I would get vmrs or apex rims if you don't want to spend much.

rims make the car
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 09:55 AM   #3
Rain49king
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Hi all,

Here is my debate:

Hi, I just purchased a 2016 F80 with black factory 19's car currently has 650 miles. I am in the process of shopping for a set of aftermarket wheels. I would be selling the whole setup, wheels and tires basically new condition. Maybe you could buy mine then recoup most or all your money buy selling yours? Shoot me a PM if interested, I would obviously need to make a decision on the wheels first. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 09:56 AM   #4
al3xander
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Look for a local trade on oem black 19s
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2015, 10:01 AM   #5
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Getting aftermarket wheels would be the only option that would allow you to still use the car since the other two options would take the car away from you for at least a couple days as you mention. Obviously everyone knows what my answer will be, but pending it's in the budget I'd so go aftermarket, add your own style to it, be unique. Yes there are lots of styles out in the market, but everyone of us who modify cars have that same struggle to find the one manufacturer and that one model they like the most in the right finish

Good luck on the decision. Go with your gut though your instinct is usually right, that's what I always say with modifications!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 10:14 AM   #6
Rain49king
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Hi all,

Here is my debate:

didn't see you are located in UK. I bet you can find a local guy moving his factory black 19's best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 10:23 AM   #7
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Black 437's are overrated.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 07:06 PM   #8
Onurkneez4nghi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2006 330i  [8.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat
Hi all,

Here is my debate:

17% OFF ?....
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2015, 07:15 PM   #9
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Why not just buy the black one's, swap them out same day, and sell the one's you have?

There are a lot of very nice aftermarket options. Narrowing it down to one set is probably the biggest challenge of going that route, but that also works.

Personally, I'd prefer new OEM or aftermarket rather than modifying the wheels you have.
      12-31-2015, 09:28 PM   #10
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3xander
Look for a local trade on oem black 19s
This

There are people in your exact situation out there but wanting the silver wheels. Set up a trade with them.

Or buy the original set in black. Once you install them, lost the silver set for sale.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 12:46 PM   #11
The Goat
Registered
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Thanks guys appreciate the advice. Think I've ruled out spraying/powder coating so it's aftermarket or oem and I think the oem route works best for me. Time to try and arrange a sale/swap/purchase etc
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 05:40 PM   #12
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels View Post
Getting aftermarket wheels would be the only option that would allow you to still use the car since the other two options would take the car away from you for at least a couple days as you mention. Obviously everyone knows what my answer will be, but pending it's in the budget I'd so go aftermarket, add your own style to it, be unique. Yes there are lots of styles out in the market, but everyone of us who modify cars have that same struggle to find the one manufacturer and that one model they like the most in the right finish

Good luck on the decision. Go with your gut though your instinct is usually right, that's what I always say with modifications!
Nope. Instinct is only right if you end up with a set of R101s. Every other decision is just working up to the HREs.

Appreciate 0