Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

04-02-2016, 04:11 PM   #1
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Recommended BMW Shop in Nashville

Hey guys,

Unfortunately for those of us who do not live in places like California, Florida, or the Tri-state area, it can be a bit challenging to find a good reputable shop to trust with your $80k+ BMW investment. Personally when I first moved to Nashville, I didn't know any BMW shops that I felt comfortable handing over my car keys to. So believe it or not, I waited till I had a bunch of things to be done to my car and drove 7.5hrs to iND to get them done. Call me crazy, but I like things done right, and unfortunately I've encountered many big shot shops that honestly are a disgrace to mechanics.

Recently I met Brett GMWNashville over the forum and told me that he had recently opened his own shop in Nashville. Brett worked as a BMW master mechanic at a BMW dealership for some time before he decided to start his own business. I went over to Brett's shop to check the place out and see if it was a shop I was comfortable enough to let them work on my car. What I loved about Brett is he reminded me a lot about myself when it came to working on cars. His priority isn't getting a job done as quickly as possible so he can start on the next. He would rather take the long route if it means that the job will be done the right way and in a cleaner fashion. In addition to having worked on multiple M platforms, he has worked on a bunch of BMW turbo charged platforms such as the F10 M5 and E9X 335i doing clutch upgrades and turbo upgrades etc.

So recently I decided to get a flash tune installed on my M3 along with downpipes and chargepipes to go with it. I took my car to Brett and stayed there for nearly the entire process. I got to see him working on the car and how careful he is with following BMW recommendations to installation/uninstallation procedures. One example of something which to someone like me I definitely appreciated was during the ECU uninstall. Part of the process involves removing the intercooler and radiator fluid reservoir. Disconnecting those means that you will get some spillage of fluid that will go over different parts in your engine bay. Brett didn't like that, so he decided to drain the entire radiator fluid from the bottom of the car, and then suction out any remaining fluid in the reservoir, just so that he doesn't get fluid on anything before he continued the uninstallation procedure. To him this was not something he made money from, it didn't take much time (which means he didn't really make much by charging extra labor hours), but he is also a car enthusiast and works on cars as if they were his own

You can see in the pictures below that after uninstalling the ECU to have it shipped out to be flashed, he neatly covered all inlets with plastic covers and sealed any exposed parts of the engine during the time the car was waiting for it's brains to be back. I just loved the professional and careful work he did on my car. I can be very an*l about how thing are done, and Brett just did everything the way they should be.

If anyone is in Tennessee or even Kentucky and Alabama, looking for a great guy to work on your BMW, I really recommend Brett GMWNashville. His shop is called German Motorworks.

Enjoy some of the pictures of the uninstallation/installation of the Eisenmann Downpipes, BMS Chargepipe (which btw isn't a great fit), and ECU removal.

Eisenmann Downpipes Uninstall/Install:

ECU Removal Process:

Finally when everything was put back together.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs

Last edited by BuLoOoSki; 04-02-2016 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 09:38 AM   #2
bigdnno98
Real Car Enthusiast
Germany
Rep
Drives: 340xi

I have known the owner for many years now. He does TOP NOTCH work. I too vouch for German Motorwerks. Give them a call for any repairs/upgrades, you'll be pleased.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 07:50 PM   #3
AYF80
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F80

Agreed. Brett did a full service along with about $1800 worth of repairs on my 1999 E36 M3, and he did exceptional work. He even let me assist him on a few parts to save time on a job that i needed done quickly.
Appreciate 0