ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #1
cruizin01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW

Newbie ordering Si Coupe this week Opinions needed

So I work for a dealership and am looking to order my first BMW on a 2yr lease.

Ive pretty much narrowed things down to:

Si Coupe
Alpine White
Sport Package
Xenon Headlights
M seats

Im having a hard time deciding on whether to do black interior or change things up and go with the red. Ive only seen a couple pics (under the "white" thread) that show z's with red interior.

Does anybody have any thoughts on which one to choose? Will either one be any cooler in the summer time?

Plans for the car are some lower springs and some hyperblack CSL reps wrapped in ps2's.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizin01 View Post

Si Coupe
Alpine White
Sport Package
Xenon Headlights
M seats

Im having a hard time deciding on whether to do black interior or change things up and go with the red. Ive only seen a couple pics (under the "white" thread) that show z's with red interior.

Does anybody have any thoughts on which one to choose? Will either one be any cooler in the summer time?

Plans for the car are some lower springs and some hyperblack CSL reps wrapped in ps2's.
That is a really nice combo. And good plans for it, CSLs ftw
      03-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep

Also, there is a member here named ZGirl4u who is trying to get out of her coupe. I believe it has the same options, and its white with a black interior
      03-17-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
ATX750i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Honda Civic Si

Garage List
2003 Z4 2.5i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
Also, there is a member here named ZGirl4u who is trying to get out of her coupe. I believe it has the same options, and its white with a black interior
ZGirl has a coupe, and the White with Black interior is common for any make and model, White with Red interior is different. The only red interior that I have seen in person is a Honda S2000 and was very unimpressive but very different at the same time. I recommend you look at pics of each interior and see which one you like best. After all, you are the main person that will be enjoying the Z so make it what you want. Hope this helps.

Johnathan

09' 2.0 Polished Metal Metallic Honda Civic Si - Current
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 11:07 PM   #5
cardebt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 Coupe Slvr Gry

Garage List
2007 Z4 Coupe  [7.00]
Think About Premium Package

As far as colors go, it is really a matter of personal opinion, so do what you like. You will however, in all likelihood, eliminate 70% of all used car buyers if you go with the red interior. You stated you are going to lease, so if you return it at the end of the lease this may not matter.

As for other options, Sports seats are a must. I thought they were too firm at first, but have really appreciated them in all types of driving. Very supportive.

Since you are already in for the Xenon's at $750, why not pay the extra 1500 and get the power seats and BMW assist. I have found that the driving position I prefer is not conducive to getting in and out of the car very easily. I am only 5'11". I use the seat memory to set a second setting as an exit setting that moves the seat back and down and reclined for easy exit and entrance. Once I am in the seat, I hit the first setting and it takes me right back to my perfect preset seating position. With manual seat, I always find it hard to get it just right when someone has moved my seat. Secondarily, and again it may not matter if you are leasing, but you will save a lot of wear and tear on the side bolster of the seat using this method as you don't have to impact that area of the seat getting in and out.

As for the BMW Assist function, it is a dream when connected with Blue-tooth to your cell phone. Much safer and simpler fuctionality.

Sports option is a must as well. It changes the driving dynamic dramatically and the 18's look really nice in my opinion.

Enjoy it. You should be able to get the car within 30-45 days of your order.

I passed on an new M3 and picked up a Z4 coupe. Cash was the main reason I backed off, but not the only one. In terms of aesthetic appeal, I personally don't think I gave up anything leaving the M3 for someone else. I love the Z4 coupe!
07 Ford Expedition EL Limited Carbon Metallic - Active
RETIRED - 02 996 Cab -02 M Roadster -02 996 C4S -02 E46 M3 SMG - 99 Z3 2.8 - 98 Z3 2.8
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #6
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep

Red is a sick interior color. I drove a M3 with a red interior, and my cousin has red in her Z4.
      03-18-2008, 06:54 AM   #7
cruizin01
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardebt View Post
As far as colors go, it is really a matter of personal opinion, so do what you like. You will however, in all likelihood, eliminate 70% of all used car buyers if you go with the red interior. You stated you are going to lease, so if you return it at the end of the lease this may not matter.

As for other options, Sports seats are a must. I thought they were too firm at first, but have really appreciated them in all types of driving. Very supportive.

Since you are already in for the Xenon's at $750, why not pay the extra 1500 and get the power seats and BMW assist. I have found that the driving position I prefer is not conducive to getting in and out of the car very easily. I am only 5'11". I use the seat memory to set a second setting as an exit setting that moves the seat back and down and reclined for easy exit and entrance. Once I am in the seat, I hit the first setting and it takes me right back to my perfect preset seating position. With manual seat, I always find it hard to get it just right when someone has moved my seat. Secondarily, and again it may not matter if you are leasing, but you will save a lot of wear and tear on the side bolster of the seat using this method as you don't have to impact that area of the seat getting in and out.

As for the BMW Assist function, it is a dream when connected with Blue-tooth to your cell phone. Much safer and simpler fuctionality.

Sports option is a must as well. It changes the driving dynamic dramatically and the 18's look really nice in my opinion.

Enjoy it. You should be able to get the car within 30-45 days of your order.

I passed on an new M3 and picked up a Z4 coupe. Cash was the main reason I backed off, but not the only one. In terms of aesthetic appeal, I personally don't think I gave up anything leaving the M3 for someone else. I love the Z4 coupe!
I dont believe "uncommon" options will change value of the lease if they are "std" priced options. So I can go with something off the wall and not be penalized.

Im definitely going with the M seats. Ive driven MCoupes at performance school and love how they felt. Im coming from a VW with Recaros and havent been impressed with the std sport seats that come with bmw's. Not enough bolster support.

I doubt Ill go with premium package. I dont really need the bluetooth, I rarely talk on my cellphone let alone in the car. Now if they had voice to text message Id be all for that. (yes I know texting in the car is very dangerous)

My new car manager has to get a allocation from another dealer but said it would be here 30-45 days. Im trying to sell my vw at the moment and dont want to be stuck with two car payments so the time on order is needed.

Anyway thanks for all the advice. Ill make my mind up this week and get it on the way. Pictures to come when it arrives of course.

Derek
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #8
erdoran
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4si

A local dealership had an '08 si roadster with white exterior, red interior, beige top that was gorgeous! I wouldn't have thought about those colors at all, but it made me look.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 09:14 AM   #9
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizin01 View Post

Si Coupe
Alpine White
Sport Package
Xenon Headlights
M seats

...Plans for the car are some lower springs and some hyperblack CSL reps wrapped in ps2's.
I went with the above specs with the addition of the BMW Assist which the car came with. Interior is black, I like the contrast of the black interior with the brushed aluminium dash and accents such as the replacement gear shift knob. I did not want the premium package due to the additional weight although the auto dimming mirrors would have been nice. The car just looks slick. I have swapped the orange front reflectors for the white european ones and wish someone made a clear third brake light for the coupes. Still working on which wheels to go with. Very happy with the looks and performance...and more to come.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 10:06 AM   #10
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Red is hot...especially with the brushed aluminum...trust me

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #11
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
I like both. The red looks nice in these cars. I opted for black myself though, my mustang has red interior and I needed a change
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #12
cruizin01
Private First Class
Rep

Ive decided to go with the red. Saw the leather swatches for the dream red and like it alot more than the coral red leather that comes on the 1's. Cant wait, should be slick.

Thanks for all the input
Appreciate 0