BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-12-2016, 03:05 AM   #1
live2playuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 E63 convertible 2010

Known issues x5m clicking noise and aircon

Hoping you guys can help and tell me the liklyhood of getting another car with the two main "known issues".

Recieved my superman blue/red x5m with all options xmas eve.

It has four things that drive me nuts;

- dash squeaks
- ticking noise at low speed on any lock forwards or backwards from front wheels
- a heater/aircon noise that gets progressivly work sounds like wowwowowowowowoww really annoying in traffic
- 80mph wine thats really loud when you throttle off and on again , which you tend to on a motorway thats high pitched and annoying

So bmw took my car 3 months ago and gave me a brand new x6m to drive around in, albeit from nearly the same batch as mine.

It has all the same issues. Apparantly the cure for the ticking is just to replace the entire front end at about £10k cost, eventually apparantly the noise goes, same for the aircon noise replace lots of bits and eventually it goes.

The x6m is from the same batch so no suprise it has the same issues. Has anybody else experienced these same issues ? Or have a car from a batch without them....

As a long time bmw user , they have offered me a new car from a september build with the new idrive and carplay, so im seriously considering this as theyll let me stay in the x6m in the meantime.....

Just after some feedback of other users to see if im going to have to go through the same crap again. Would probably go mugello read this time so it feels like a new car....