Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

06-23-2016, 12:34 PM   #1
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Passive Suspension in South FL

Posted in the suspension section, but not getting any responses...

For those of you on passive suspension in South FL, do you find the ride "rough" which prompted you to swap out your suspension?

I've read various threads on active v. passive and there's a lot of hate for passive, but most of the hate I see comes from those in areas with crappy roads (i.e., the Northeast).

I'm taking delivery of my 16 M3 (with passive) this weekend. Active was never really a thought for me until I read all these threads how people would never buy a car without it. I had no intention of swapping springs or running coilovers as our roads are relatively good, but wanted some input from anyone else in the 305, 954, or 561.

Thanks.
      06-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #2
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
Posted in the suspension section, but not getting any responses...

For those of you on passive suspension in South FL, do you find the ride "rough" which prompted you to swap out your suspension?

I've read various threads on active v. passive and there's a lot of hate for passive, but most of the hate I see comes from those in areas with crappy roads (i.e., the Northeast).

I'm taking delivery of my 16 M3 (with passive) this weekend. Active was never really a thought for me until I read all these threads how people would never buy a car without it. I had no intention of swapping springs or running coilovers as our roads are relatively good, but wanted some input from anyone else in the 305, 954, or 561.

Thanks.
I am in the 561. I prefer passive on our roads and the ride is pretty good IMHO. I had adaptive on my E92 m3 and passive on the F82....I like passive better. FWIW, your m3 is a carbon copy of my m4 except I got the moonroof and alpine white.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 07:54 PM   #3
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
I am in the 561. I prefer passive on our roads and the ride is pretty good IMHO. I had adaptive on my E92 m3 and passive on the F82....I like passive better. FWIW, your m3 is a carbon copy of my m4 except I got the moonroof and alpine white.
Awesome. Thanks for the reply! Where in the 561 are you?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 08:35 AM   #4
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the reply! Where in the 561 are you?
WPB