ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
BBP2345
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Hit and Run

Every single day I park waaaaaaaay out there by myself at school. I walk and sometimes take the shuttle to school. I have no problem walking a quick 10 minutes. It really is nothing. One day I'm super late and I park nearby my building to get to class....what happens I get door dinged.....we got paint chipping off and that needs some work. Lesson learned. So last yesterday I do my usual far far away parking. On the way home I decide to stop at a Mongolian grill and pick up a parking spot with a curb on my driver side so i hug onto that side and leave PLENTY of space on my passenger side so the door of the car next to me has literally no shot at hitting me. So i'm 2-2 and on my way home educated and fed so far for the day. I end up going to the park to play some basketball and it's i usually double park a lil into the next lane (theres no lanes there kind of just park more less in front the concrete things on the floor). so i'm actually at an angle and technically double parked. I play ball and leave. Well today this morning before going to school I was giving it the daily quick cleaning with a duster and i realize i had gotten hit. Right by my driver side side blinker.....a nice combination of dent and scratch. i was f--king upset....I havent been able to get over it. obviously. I'm interested in any sites for original parts so i can replace the front drivers side panel, blinker, and the ring around the blinker. sorry for not searching all that well but I just hope you guys help me out....all links appreciated and thanks for reading and helping me in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
zavo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Roadster

i feel you bro... when i first got my car i was so excited i drove it everywhere with me... (i got it as a weekend car)... i work in downtown la and so when i first got it i took it to work with me... I learned my lesson in my first week, with a door ding + someone actually hit my car coming out of their parking spot.. i don't take it to work anymore, and it stays as a weekend car lol...

i have learned that shit like this is going to happen... cuz a lot of people out there don't give a rats ass about other people and the damage they cause to someones car...

try parking next to really nice cars... cuz they will respect your car but above all they wont dare damage theirs...

just ask your dealer for part numbers and go shopping around for body shops...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Yeah, either get the parts from the dealer or go to realoem.com and search for the parts yourself and order them off ebay or something.

I have been lucky so far and have only had one of my passengers of all people open my door into a water spicket (which they couldn't see so I forgave them.... after a couple weeks)

Sorry about your luck I know how you feel, just not with this car yet, thankfully.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
Bobbykurva
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

If you're double parking, you're asking to have your car messed with. There are a lot of jealous people out there and double parking is a catalyst to jealous motives.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
BBP2345
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

zavo: i know what you mean your so in love and proud of your car you want to park in the best possible places but i just dont understand some people and thier stupidity

Hawkeye: Yea i checked out realoem.com and saw their prices, i also got some quotes at some local body shops...they all more less come out at low 700's with everything replaced and painted to match....i HATE when it's the passengers that do the damage...i just feel like they could care less knowing you care a lot....good luck with your car

Bobbykurva: I know i'm asking to get hit or hated it on but the way i see it is its not a door thats going to hit me because im in the middle of two spots and their doors wont reach me....dont think i go double parking everywhere...its not like that...its only at certain places, very few might i add

thx for the responses guys i think i'm going to put it through insurance and pay the deductible....it just sux to try so hard and people find a way to jack things up...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #6
caseysc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i Conv.

Garage List
2005 Z4 2.5i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBP2345 View Post
zavo: i know what you mean your so in love and proud of your car you want to park in the best possible places but i just dont understand some people and thier stupidity

Hawkeye: Yea i checked out realoem.com and saw their prices, i also got some quotes at some local body shops...they all more less come out at low 700's with everything replaced and painted to match....i HATE when it's the passengers that do the damage...i just feel like they could care less knowing you care a lot....good luck with your car

Bobbykurva: I know i'm asking to get hit or hated it on but the way i see it is its not a door thats going to hit me because im in the middle of two spots and their doors wont reach me....dont think i go double parking everywhere...its not like that...its only at certain places, very few might i add

thx for the responses guys i think i'm going to put it through insurance and pay the deductible....it just sux to try so hard and people find a way to jack things up...
I concur on double parking. At one time I had some business cards you could leave on the windshield. The card said, "Thanks for taking two parking spaces, ASSHOLE. Sorry I scratched your car." Now I never scratched any cars but I wanted to when I left those cards on a few cars. You see, I am always careful with my car and those parked beside me, and, like you, I search for a curb or distant space to avoid being dinged. But, on some occasions, the only vacant parking space is the one where someone felt that they had to cover two just to protect their car. That, my friend, is just plain selfish. I'm not surprised your car was scatched. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #7
BBP2345
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysc View Post
I concur on double parking. At one time I had some business cards you could leave on the windshield. The card said, "Thanks for taking two parking spaces, ASSHOLE. Sorry I scratched your car." Now I never scratched any cars but I wanted to when I left those cards on a few cars. You see, I am always careful with my car and those parked beside me, and, like you, I search for a curb or distant space to avoid being dinged. But, on some occasions, the only vacant parking space is the one where someone felt that they had to cover two just to protect their car. That, my friend, is just plain selfish. I'm not surprised your car was scatched. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.
i cant blame you or anyone for thinking like that....but can you honestly blame me for wanting to protect my car....but then again like i said i dont double park everywhere....usually its just the HUGE parking lots where theres room for everyone
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2008, 02:26 PM   #8
nyczyang27
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: z4 3.0si / 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBP2345 View Post
Every single day I park waaaaaaaay out there by myself at school. I walk and sometimes take the shuttle to school. I have no problem walking a quick 10 minutes. It really is nothing. One day I'm super late and I park nearby my building to get to class....what happens I get door dinged.....we got paint chipping off and that needs some work. Lesson learned. So last yesterday I do my usual far far away parking. On the way home I decide to stop at a Mongolian grill and pick up a parking spot with a curb on my driver side so i hug onto that side and leave PLENTY of space on my passenger side so the door of the car next to me has literally no shot at hitting me. So i'm 2-2 and on my way home educated and fed so far for the day. I end up going to the park to play some basketball and it's i usually double park a lil into the next lane (theres no lanes there kind of just park more less in front the concrete things on the floor). so i'm actually at an angle and technically double parked. I play ball and leave. Well today this morning before going to school I was giving it the daily quick cleaning with a duster and i realize i had gotten hit. Right by my driver side side blinker.....a nice combination of dent and scratch. i was f--king upset....I havent been able to get over it. obviously. I'm interested in any sites for original parts so i can replace the front drivers side panel, blinker, and the ring around the blinker. sorry for not searching all that well but I just hope you guys help me out....all links appreciated and thanks for reading and helping me in advance.
Dude I so feel your pain. But don't feel bad.. at least yours is not as bad as what I recieved.. check it out.. http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104770

2007 Z4 3.0si Step/Premium/Xenon/HeatedSeats/AutoTop/M6Wheels
2007 328xi Step/Premium/Sport/Xenon
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2008, 04:23 PM   #9
BlackSapphireZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 GLE 53 Coupe

I wish someone hit my car and peaced out so I can get a new bumper and all
      03-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #10
BBP2345
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyczyang27 View Post
Dude I so feel your pain. But don't feel bad.. at least yours is not as bad as what I recieved.. check it out.. http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104770
damn....thats a good hit. mine is very similiar in size of hit but by my driver side side blinker....i got two price quotes from the two "best" places around my immediate area and one was 680 and the other was 720 but with everything replaced with brand new OEM parts. I'm going through insurance and the guy helping me out said he can get my deductible lowered significantly. I'm going monday to sort everything out as i just got the police report # for the insurnace to process their quote. I try to see the positive things or just think of something that makes me feel better about getting hit. Everybody says stuff about karma, and think about it we're driving a fine automobile and we cant complain about it....it's just awesome it everyway. What are they (people who hit you) at least in my area they drive SHIT! they have problems left and right. we got insurance and a legit ride. just drive on....
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #11
rosierobins2003
Rosie.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 2.8 Auto....

Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
i try to be respectful of others property cars and other things. But its not always returned. One day I was sitting in my previous car, thankfully, about to start the engine and i see someone put a box on my trunk and start slashing at it to break it down. I get out and start yelling at them. I can't believe they would put something on someone elses car, and i can't believe they would take a blade to break it down as well.

I got 2 door dings, and the detailer did a pretty good job on them. I let them deal with it now. I tend to stay away from parking near trashy cars, cause they don't care about theirs, why would they care about yours. And I aim for parking against curbs where the passenger door of the other car would be opening onto mine. That or I try to park in the non compact and or diagonal on the slant vs straight on. And finally I try to park where others won't be walking past my car potentially hitting it with their purse or a box.

Good luck in getting it fixed.

Rosie
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #12
BBP2345
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

wow....its really amazing to see how some people dont give a shit about your car.
Appreciate 0