BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-07-2016, 08:51 PM   #1
SD-MAC
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Beasts meet Beast

I ordered my X5M in early June and picked it up just about two weeks ago. It's DG with the Silverstone Extended leather, B & O and executive package. I've added a few M Performance bits, IND painted reflectors and an Invisihitch.

I've owned a number of BMWs, including an e90, and this is one impressive vehicle. My wife drives an F15 diesel so I was generally comfortable with the F15 platform, but so far it has really exceeded my expectations especially as a daily driver. I'm coming from a MB GL 550 and can't describe how much more inspiring and fun this is to drive. Really, I couldn't be happier and can't wait until I'm done with the run in.

I have followed this forum for several months and it has been very helpful. Some of the more recent posts have been a bit more negative, so I thought I'd add some positive newbie comments. I snapped a few iPhone pics on my way home tonight showing the M is at home in the South Dakota plains. Thanks for all the great posts on this forum.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 09:09 PM   #2
Propofoln
Speedster
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

Nice pics. Debating whether to go red or Silverstone with the DG mi might order when my lease is up. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 09:26 PM   #3
SD-MAC
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

I did spend some time in one with the red interior and simply liked the look of Silverstone better. I also thought it gave the interior a softer, cleaner feel. In any case, I was tempted by the red but was also worried I might grow more tired of it after some time. That said, lots of folks here rave about their red interior so you probably can't go wrong with either. I did treat it with the Leather Master products recommended in one of the posts so we'll see how it wears with time. Here's another pic that better shows the interior.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-08-2016, 06:17 AM   #4
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AMG

Wonderful photos! Enjoy! Welcome to the club.

I'm sure your daily ride in SD allows you to get a great sense of the potential of this vehicle. Enjoy it in good health! We all think you picked a winner.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 07:31 AM   #5
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

The more you drive it, the more you appreciate how fast, comfortable and balanced the M is. Congrats !
Appreciate 0