ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
Flycaster
Flycaster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 MB C300 coupe, '13 ATS 2.0

How to handle this icelink problem?

I DIY'd my iceling. Hooked it into the radio. For about 6, or more, months the sound output seems to be bouncing between speackers. In general, sometimes from the left speakers, sometimes from the right speakers, sometime as it should be...stereo. When the sound is not playing stereo as it should and if I bang on the dash above the radio, sound is corrected to stereo. Is this something that happens with the icllink, or am I having trouble with the car's radio/stereo system? Problem is, although I'm still under warranty, I doubt that BMW will honor the warranty with the icelink still hooked into the car. And, of course, I really don't feel like undoing the icelink. Suggestions please.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
coolusername
Alpineweiss
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycaster View Post
I DIY'd my iceling. Hooked it into the radio. For about 6, or more, months the sound output seems to be bouncing between speackers. In general, sometimes from the left speakers, sometimes from the right speakers, sometime as it should be...stereo. When the sound is not playing stereo as it should and if I bang on the dash above the radio, sound is corrected to stereo. Is this something that happens with the icllink, or am I having trouble with the car's radio/stereo system? Problem is, although I'm still under warranty, I doubt that BMW will honor the warranty with the icelink still hooked into the car. And, of course, I really don't feel like undoing the icelink. Suggestions please.
I would suggest going through and checking all of your connections. The fact that if you bang on the dash and the problem gets corrected, could deffinately mean something is loose.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #3
Yal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Z4 2.5 Maldives Blue

I'd contact the manufacturer and work with them as well. could be a cold solder joint in the icelink that is causing all the trouble.
      04-15-2008, 12:18 PM   #4
pvr
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

When I installed an Icelink in my previous Z, I had a similar issue. What had happened was that whilst pushing the connector from the Icelink in the OEM quad block, it had pushed some of the connectors out at the other side.

What I assume has happened to yours is that it would have almost pushed a connector out. You will have to remove the radio and make sure you push the connectors in from the back, one by one, to make sure that none have slipped out (or almost out).

In my case, I lost a complete speaker.
Appreciate 0