BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

EXXEL Distributions

02-02-2017, 04:14 PM   #1
emthreeSD
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6 Speed

FS in SoCal: 2008 E90 M3 6MT Jerez Black - *25k Miles* - $20k+ in Tasteful Upgrades

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 37,000.00

Item Interest
Edit: I'm trying to buy a home in Colorado and the BMW has to go. Willing to consider all serious offers. I may consider trades for an RS4 or other AWD Audi, Jeep, or other SUV or trade + cash. Just dropped price to $37K FIRM. It's a fair price.

**potentially willing to sell the car for less without the brakes, wheels, tires, or exhaust, but would rather not part out as I have almost no time to do so.

The car has clean title, never been in any kind of accident, has zero scratches, dings, dents, or imperfections. The interior is as clean as the day it was purchased and the upholstery, dash, and headliner are in immaculate condition. 8+ months of travel for work per year means it sits under a cover and I rarely get to drive it (have only put about 1k miles on it since purchase in 2016). It was meticulously maintained by a BMW dealer under extended warranty and all parts have been professionally installed.

Year: 2008
Make: BMW
Model: M3
Price: $37,000
Mileage: 25,000
Color: Jerez Black Metallic Exterior, Black Leather Interior
Transmission: 6spd Manual
Notable Factory Options: Heated Seats, Sunroof, Dry Carbon Dash Highlights, Backup Sensor, Navigation, Sirius/XM Radio, Headlight Sprayers, TPMS

Performance:
-Full Brembo GT Slotted Big Brake Kit Front and Rear with TS20 pads ($8k)
-Custom LucasFab Primary Cat Back Exhaust. Passes smog with ease, best e9x M3 exhaust note you will ever hear ($7k)
-KW H.A.S. Sleeveover Kit - Adjustable Height, Maintains Factory Dampers & EDC
-UUC Evo 3 Short Shift Kit with DSSR

Interior:
-BMW Performance Alcantara Flat Bottom Steering Wheel Conversion
-PedalHaus pedals
-F30 BMW Performance Dry Carbon Shift Knob w/ Alcantara Boot Plus E-brake (not installed)

Exterior:
-20" COR Forged Wheels with Brand New Hankook V12's 255/30 and 305/25 ($6k)
-LUX H8 160 Angel Eyes
-Vorsteiner Carbon Front Spoiler
-RW Carbon Mirror Covers
-IND Carbon Fender Grills
-IND Carbon Front Grille Set
-Mode Carbon Trunk Spoiler
-Challenge Carbon Rear Diffuser
-Full LCI Trunk Conversion with OEM LCI Trunk and OEM LCI Rear Lights, Programmed by Dealer

Car will also come with stock wheels/tires, suspension, brakes, exhaust, steering wheel, shifter, grills, and car cover.

Attached Images

Last edited by emthreeSD; 03-20-2017 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: Price drop to $38k
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Beautiful!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 05:42 PM   #3
togepi
Private
Rep
Drives: Yes

Lol this car just sold recently for less
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #4
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by togepi View Post
Really? Not necessarily. He can sell the car for whatever he things it's worth. Bump for you OP, clean car.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 09:27 PM   #5
emthreeSD
Rep

Quote:
No it didn't, and here's a friendly reminder for you:

"9) CLASSIFIEDS RULES.
NO THREAD CRAPPING - DO NOT go into a member's for sale thread and post off-topic or critical comments or try to sell your own item in another member's classifieds threads. DO NOT go into a sponsor's classifieds thread and do the same. These threads are protected from any mention of other competing products, complaints, criticisms. There is a vendors' feedback forum for such purposes."
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 02:46 PM   #6
togepi
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by emthreeSD View Post

"9) CLASSIFIEDS RULES.
NO THREAD CRAPPING - DO NOT go into a member's for sale thread and post off-topic or critical comments or try to sell your own item in another member's classifieds threads. DO NOT go into a sponsor's classifieds thread and do the same. These threads are protected from any mention of other competing products, complaints, criticisms. There is a vendors' feedback forum for such purposes."
You're still using the previous owner's pictures in the ad. That Tacoma in the back is his. At least let us know that you literally JUST bought the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #7
kamber
E90
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

Quote:
You're still using the previous owner's pictures in the ad. That Tacoma in the back is his. At least let us know that you literally JUST bought the car.
LOL, what a joke!

OP, can you please explain the "no, it didn't" response? I'm curious.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #8
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 04:36 PM   #9
emthreeSD
Rep

Not sure what the hubbub is here. The car is accurately described, I am the owner, I set the ask price based on what I believe it to be worth, what I have invested in it, etc.

Keep the discussions and laughter about the pictures I've posted (why is that even amusing?) to the discussion forum. This is a simple for sale thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 04:48 PM   #10
krickE90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

beautiful car sucks how all the ones I'm interested in are on the other side of the country
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 04:55 PM   #11
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Quote:
Quote:

"9) CLASSIFIEDS RULES.
Tundra*
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 06:38 PM   #12
kamber
E90
Rep

Quote:
Not sure what the hubbub is here. The car is accurately described, I am the owner, I set the ask price based on what I believe it to be worth, what I have invested in it, etc.

Keep the discussions and laughter about the pictures I've posted (why is that even amusing?) to the discussion forum. This is a simple for sale thread.
No worries mate, you're indeed entitled to setting your price however low or high you please. For what it's worth, I personally don't think the price is unreasonable at all. What I DO have a problem with, is lack of disclosure in regard to certain things.

I'm going to make a long post to attempt to explain said things, because I think it may help you understand the impression that buyers may get. By all accounts, it seems like a very well kept, gorgeous, low mileage, and tastefully modded car with a very reasonable price considering the condition, mileage, and mods. It would be a shame for this not to go to a good home just because of some lack of information (or misinformation, in the event that Togepi made a false allegation).

What I found off-putting was the fact that you're not disclosing that you very recently bought the car from someone else, moreover for the denying of the allegation that you bought it for less than you're selling it for. Are either of those two things not allowed or against the rules? Absolutely not. Would they turn me away as a potential buyer due to instilling a general lack of confidence in the seller and lack of full disclosure? Absolutely.

If I were you, I'd elaborate on the details just to set the record straight and clear everything up in the name of full disclosure; i'm sure it will do a lot to help a serious buyer decide against not contacting you due to what can be deduced from this thread. If you got the car for a steal and feel that it is worth more than you paid, I can totally understand that and agree that you should list it for whatever you think it is worth to a potential buyer. I would do the same exact thing, but be forthcoming about it; if the car is truly worth more than you paid for it, you won't have a problem selling it for a higher amount anyway. Infact, I can ONLY see it reducing your chances of making a sale if you hide these things instead of disclose them.

If you want to post a for sale piece, not mention the fact that the car you're selling was just available at a lower price from the guy you bought it off of not too long ago, and have no one make any comments in regards to this, the same forum is not the place to do it.

Here is the thing with M3Post; people generally arn't clueless or dumb, they're enthusiasts that care a bit more about their M3 than the average joe M3 owner. If you list something for a ridiculous price (again, I don't believe you have), people will generally balk at it. If you bought something on Monday and turn around and list it for sale on Tuesday, people are going to wonder what's up. If said thing you bought was listed for X amount by the previous seller, and is now listed for more than X amount by you, people are probably going to call you out on that and make it known. It's just the way things go on forum communities. People respect full disclosure.

I don't believe the comments people have made in here can be considered thread crapping; they're pointing out legitimate information (possibly, I don't know, as I personally did not take a look at the for sale thread/asking price of the car when it was in the hands of its previous owner), things that your future buyer will probably want to know about or ask questions about themselves if they're smart. It just makes you look like a somewhat sketchy seller when they have to find this kind of stuff out from a third party; it prompts them to think, "what else isn't he telling me?", and we come full circle to the lack of confidence thing. If you think my post, and/or those of others, constitute thread crapping, contact a forum moderator and I'm sure that if they agree with you, they'll clean up your thread promptly.

Good luck with your sale man!

Last edited by kamber; 02-03-2017 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
GT3fan239.00
      02-03-2017, 09:43 PM   #13
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamber View Post
No worries mate, you're indeed entitled to setting your price however low or high you please. For what it's worth, I personally don't think the price is unreasonable at all. What I DO have a problem with, is lack of disclosure in regard to certain things.

I'm going to make a long post to attempt to explain said things, because I think it may help you understand the impression that buyers may get. By all accounts, it seems like a very well kept, gorgeous, low mileage, and tastefully modded car with a very reasonable price considering the condition, mileage, and mods. It would be a shame for this not to go to a good home just because of some lack of information (or misinformation, in the event that Togepi made a false allegation).

What I found off-putting was the fact that you're not disclosing that you very recently bought the car from someone else, moreover for the denying of the allegation that you bought it for less than you're selling it for. Are either of those two things not allowed or against the rules? Absolutely not. Would they turn me away as a potential buyer due to instilling a general lack of confidence in the seller and lack of full disclosure? Absolutely.

If I were you, I'd elaborate on the details just to set the record straight and clear everything up in the name of full disclosure; i'm sure it will do a lot to help a serious buyer decide against not contacting you due to what can be deduced from this thread. If you got the car for a steal and feel that it is worth more than you paid, I can totally understand that and agree that you should list it for whatever you think it is worth to a potential buyer. I would do the same exact thing, but be forthcoming about it; if the car is truly worth more than you paid for it, you won't have a problem selling it for a higher amount anyway. Infact, I can ONLY see it reducing your chances of making a sale if you hide these things instead of disclose them.

If you want to post a for sale piece, not mention the fact that the car you're selling was just available at a lower price from the guy you bought it off of not too long ago, and have no one make any comments in regards to this, the same forum is not the place to do it.

Here is the thing with M3Post; people generally arn't clueless or dumb, they're enthusiasts that care a bit more about their M3 than the average joe M3 owner. If you list something for a ridiculous price (again, I don't believe you have), people will generally balk at it. If you bought something on Monday and turn around and list it for sale on Tuesday, people are going to wonder what's up. If said thing you bought was listed for X amount by the previous seller, and is now listed for more than X amount by you, people are probably going to call you out on that and make it known. It's just the way things go on forum communities. People respect full disclosure.

I don't believe the comments people have made in here can be considered thread crapping; they're pointing out legitimate information (possibly, I don't know, as I personally did not take a look at the for sale thread/asking price of the car when it was in the hands of its previous owner), things that your future buyer will probably want to know about or ask questions about themselves if they're smart. It just makes you look like a somewhat sketchy seller when they have to find this kind of stuff out from a third party; it prompts them to think, "what else isn't he telling me?", and we come full circle to the lack of confidence thing. If you think my post, and/or those of others, constitute thread crapping, contact a forum moderator and I'm sure that if they agree with you, they'll clean up your thread promptly.

Good luck with your sale man!
Are you selling this car? Are you buying it? Pretty sure 'No' to both.

Get off this guys ass and let him try sell his car. Your long winded opinions on how he should list/sell/post his car are irrelevant - you aren't the seller! If he can sell it for more than he bought it, what's it to you?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 10:13 PM   #14
kamber
E90
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Are you selling this car? Are you buying it? Pretty sure 'No' to both.

Get off this guys ass and let him try sell his car. Your long winded opinions on how he should list/sell/post his car are irrelevant - you aren't the seller! If he can sell it for more than he bought it, what's it to you?
You're right; I could care less about the car, because I am not the one selling it, nor do I remotely intend to buy it. What's it to me whether he sells his car for $1 or $100,000? Nothing. Plain and simple, the reason behind why I made that post was to let him know how the lack of disclosure may be perceived by potential forum-going buyers. He can take it for what he will.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 04:18 AM   #15
TeeJay_AAWerke
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 Audi R8

For what it's worth (nothing it seems) I came across this thread and almost contacted the seller. When I read that it was just listed for less and he wAs using PO's pictures. I immediately x'd out of the page.

Definitely made me feel like he was hiding a problem that was possibly disclosed by the previous seller hence the lower price? Just a feeling

Only reason I'm posting is to subscribe in case this gets sorted out and I'm a potential buyer again.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 11:49 AM   #16
emthreeSD
Rep

Thank for all your concerns, I think? I bought the car in mid 2016 and I paid the previous seller's asking price (which is right around what it's listed for). No negotiations, no problems with the car when I bought it, and I by no means stole it so to speak. As I very clearly stated, I travel for work 8+ months out of the year (happy to tell you why if that's of consequence). I've put about 1k miles on the car in that timeframe and that's been around-town driving. I'm not trying to hide ANYTHING and any buyer can feel free to do a PPI if there is any question as to the condition or quality of the car. I love the car and am happy to drive it for many thousands more miles, but I also don't love the idea of having $40k sitting in the garage while I barely use it, hence the FS/feeler thread.

Last edited by emthreeSD; 03-20-2017 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 07:06 PM   #17
sy2767
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5

Quote:
Thank for all your concerns, I think? I bought the car about 5 months ago, and I paid the previous seller's asking price (which is right around what it's listed for). No negotiations, no problems with the car when I bought it, and I by no means stole it so to speak. As I very clearly stated, I travel for work 8+ months out of the year (happy to tell you why if that's of consequence). I've put about 1k miles on the car in that timeframe and that's been around-town driving. I'm not trying to hide ANYTHING and any buyer can feel free to do a PPI if there is any question as to the condition or quality of the car. I love the car and am happy to drive it for many thousands more miles, but I also don't love the idea of having $40k sitting in the garage while I barely use it, hence the FS/feeler thread.

well said.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 12:46 AM   #18
Meat31
Rep
Drives: E46 m3

Quote:
So much did it sell for?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 01:13 AM   #19
togepi
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat31 View Post
So much did it sell for?
No idea, but it was listed by the previous owner at around 35
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 10:56 AM   #20
emthreeSD
Rep

Quote:
No idea, but it was listed by the previous owner at around 35
That's incorrect, list price was $38k. For what it's worth, I've just reduced my price to $38k.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 08:58 PM   #21
Pom Performance
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90M3 E46M3 X340I 991GT3

Nice! clean built
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #22
emthreeSD
Rep

Bumping this up. I've found the home I'd like to buy and could really use the equity out of this for the purchase. I'll entertain reasonable offers and you can feel free to email me at john.s.hoyt@gmail.com
Appreciate 0