GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

02-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

Review: Cavallo Auto Body for paintwork

Hi all,

This is just a quick review to share that I had my rear bumper replaced by cavallo auto body in chadds ford. I had been tapped at about 3-4mph; enough to both scrape some paint off and very slightly deform the rear bumper - everything "looked" good except the tow hook cover wouldn't stay in.

I've had bad experiences in the past with new bumper fitment and paint matching - one of the reasons I went with Alpine White.

I'm not going to post pictures because pictures often don't capture the detail you want too - especially when everything looks perfect.

Bottom line: I definitely recommend cavallo after this experience. They work on lots of BMWs but also alot of Porsches, mercs, and exotics (i.e. I've seen in a spyker, they had an aston in there today, etc.)

The rear bumper fitment is spot-on factory. The paint is a dead on match and is perfectly even even in the depths of the various rear grooves. There is no thinning at the edges. They buffed the clearcoat to be better than stock (i.e. less orange peel).

During the process, and with my permission, they used some leftover paint to touch up the rock chips on my front bumper and did a solid job on it.

The car was delivered vacuumed, wiped down inside, and super clean exterior. A bit of over-zealous spray-on tire shine, but I won't fault them that.

They guarantee the work for the life of my ownership of the vehicle, which is nice in the event something happens with the paint in particular.

No one ever wants to deal with paint - hence why I wanted to share this experience. These guys are local to me but I know quality shops are hard to find.

Hope this helps someone else.
      02-13-2017, 02:16 PM   #2
DL3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Hi all,

This is just a quick review to share that I had my rear bumper replaced by cavallo auto body in chadds ford. I had been tapped at about 3-4mph; enough to both scrape some paint off and very slightly deform the rear bumper - everything "looked" good except the tow hook cover wouldn't stay in.

I've had bad experiences in the past with new bumper fitment and paint matching - one of the reasons I went with Alpine White.

I'm not going to post pictures because pictures often don't capture the detail you want too - especially when everything looks perfect.

Bottom line: I definitely recommend cavallo after this experience. They work on lots of BMWs but also alot of Porsches, mercs, and exotics (i.e. I've seen in a spyker, they had an aston in there today, etc.)

The rear bumper fitment is spot-on factory. The paint is a dead on match and is perfectly even even in the depths of the various rear grooves. There is no thinning at the edges. They buffed the clearcoat to be better than stock (i.e. less orange peel).

During the process, and with my permission, they used some leftover paint to touch up the rock chips on my front bumper and did a solid job on it.

The car was delivered vacuumed, wiped down inside, and super clean exterior. A bit of over-zealous spray-on tire shine, but I won't fault them that.

They guarantee the work for the life of my ownership of the vehicle, which is nice in the event something happens with the paint in particular.

No one ever wants to deal with paint - hence why I wanted to share this experience. These guys are local to me but I know quality shops are hard to find.

Hope this helps someone else.
Really no comment other than AW is an easy match, chose it 6 years ago but went with MW this trip & have heard negatives on paint match, hopefully this won't matter.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 01:31 PM   #3
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
This is a good find. My rear bumper needs replacement too, for something relatively minor. I'm worried about the paint match, but good to hear they did a good job on yours.

They aren't a certified BMW collision center (nearest is in Lancaster) so, I am questioning and overthinking things and wondering why not. I know they work on exotics.

Thanks for the review.

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 06:05 PM   #4
Ricostrong60
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16' AW f82 11' E92

Damn i wish they were in ny, i NEED to find a good bory shop for my 370z
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 10:42 PM   #5
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

+1 on Cavallo. Used them for the front bumper on my Acura. Someone reversed into it. The did an amazing job. I was chatting with the manager there and happened to mention that I have a AW M3. He hooked me up with free AW touch up paint incase I ever needed it .

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 06:59 PM   #6
bt1339
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL3 View Post
Really no comment other than AW is an easy match, chose it 6 years ago but went with MW this trip & have heard negatives on paint match, hopefully this won't matter.
Easy match and yet the losers at Classic Coachworks in Wayne could not match it. I do not recommend them!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 12:14 AM   #7
TRYM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I've been going there for years. They're the best of the best there.
Appreciate 0