Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

03-17-2017, 10:05 PM   #1
DaveCSparty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Independent shops with loaners

Are there are shops you guys would recommend for mods installation (suspension, exhaust, etc.) that provide loaner cars?

Loving the BMW enthusiasts community so far in the area. Everyone I spoke to (dealer/detailer/shops) have been super nice and cool. I just wish more of the "top" shops are in the city!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #2
cncmastr
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Cecotto, F85, G05, G07,

Garage List
2018 X5 M  [0.00]
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCSparty View Post
Are there are shops you guys would recommend for mods installation (suspension, exhaust, etc.) that provide loaner cars?

Loving the BMW enthusiasts community so far in the area. Everyone I spoke to (dealer/detailer/shops) have been super nice and cool. I just wish more of the "top" shops are in the city!
Where are you located?
      05-11-2017, 07:55 AM   #3
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCSparty View Post

i worked at the dealer for years and it was always a plus being able to provide a replacement car for people getting extended work done, however now that i'm in the aftermarket i honestly haven't heard of a shop that provides a car. We have a great relationship with our local enterprise and while we don't cover the bill for it they have no problem getting to the shop in 10 minutes to pick you up.

the reason behind 99% of private shops not offering loaner cars is because BMW NA PROVIDES the cars to dealerships, Dealers pay very little towards those cars. A private shop would have to buy a car, pay an astronomical amount to insure it, and would even have to switch the entire business insurance plan to be able to cover it. Its just an expense that private shops can't afford. I hope this shed a little light on the situation for you!
Appreciate 0