BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

03-20-2017, 03:15 PM   #1
kamber
E90
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

2008 E90 M3 6MT - Jerez on Black Ext. - 98K Miles - RB, TA's, ICV Done - Quality Mods

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
CAR IS SOLD! THANKS EVERYONE!

Looking to sell my M3 as my wife and I would like to free up some cash to make a few real estate investments.

Current mileage is 98,750 and will go up slowly as I still drive it to work from time to time when my wife needs to use our other vehicle.

Asking price with all the mods listed in this thread is $24,000 firm.

Car is located in 98403 WA. I own the car outright and have the clean title in hand; I am not interested in any trades whatsoever. Shipping can be arranged, at the buyer's expense. PPI's are more than welcome, at the buyer's expense.

I originally bought this 2008 E90 M3 back in August of 2016 with 90,300 miles on the odometer. My goal was to find a higher mileage E90 with well documented maintenance history and many of the bigger 70K+ mileage maintenance items already performed, to include rod bearings and throttle actuators. I'm thankful I found this car, as it was proving rather difficult to find a vehicle with both the rod bearings and throttle actuators already addressed. The cherry on top was that the Idle Control Valve had been replaced as well, not to mention the replacement/upgrade to an 09+ type transmission/clutch/flywheel! I pulled the trigger on this bad boy and it has been a pleasure to drive, maintain, and slowly mod to my liking ever since.

I am the 3rd owner; the 1st owner leased it, then bought it out at the end of the lease and CPO'd it out to 80K mileage. 2nd owner owned it from ~80K miles to ~90K miles before switching to a Honda S2K for want of a convertible. All previous owners and myself are non-smokers and the car has never been smoked in. The car was maintained exclusively by the dealership and AutoCoutureMotoring in NJ while under the 1st owner's tenure. I've spoken with ACM and their shop is very familiar with the car and how well it was maintained. Car has always been run on Top Tier Detergent gasoline and has never been tracked under the 2nd owner and myself. I have never had the chance to speak with the 1st owner myself, but the 2nd owner indicated that this was his DD and that he does not believe it was subjected to any track use under the 1st owner's tenure. Interior is in great shape with the rear and passenger seats rarely ever being occupied; driver side bolster has some minimal wear, nothing excessive at all. Exterior condition does reflect that the car was a daily driven highway commuter. I'll let the future high resolution pictures of the interior and exterior speak for themselves.

This car was optioned fully loaded minus rear sunshades (as can be seen via the options sheet atop the service history PDF attached to this post):
- E90 Sedan
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission
- Jerez Black
- Black Extended Novillo Leather
- Carbon Leather Interior Trim
- Shadowline Exterior Trim
- Cold Weather Package
- Technology Package
- Premium Package
- Enhanced Premium Sound
- Moonroof
- Rear Park Distance Control
- Smoker's Package
- EDC Suspension (currently running coilovers, but the coding/electronics are all setup for it)
- Note that car comes with staggered OEM 219M 18" wheels, NOT 19" wheels (2nd owner swapped the OEM 19's for OEM 219M 18's to improve ride quality and handling)

Car was well maintained throughout it's life due to being CPO'd after the original owner performed a lease buyout, resulting it in being under BMW warranty until ~80K mileage. I have a thick binder with maintenance/purchase receipts starting with the original owner, and will be happy to forward this to the next owner.

Here are the major items that have been serviced since 70K mileage, from oldest to most recent (see service history PDF attached to this post for more details and older items):

- Transmission, clutch, and flywheel replaced under CPO warranty @ ~78K milage due to pressure plate failure (all new OEM BMW 2009+ type transmission, clutch, and flywheel were installed in lieu of performing a fix on the original units; you're getting an M3 that has only ~20K miles on these major components)

- Full brake fluid service performed under CPO maintenance program @ ~78K mileage

- Idle control valve replaced under CPO warranty @ ~79K mileage

- Thermostat replaced under CPO warranty @ ~79K mileage

- Air temperature sensor replaced under CPO warranty @ ~79K mileage

- WPC teated rod bearings, OEM BMW rod bolts, and OEM BMW engine mounts installed @ 81,570 mileage by AutoCoutureMotoring
(I still have the original bearings and will forward them to the next owner. They are pictured at the end of the thread and show no signs of excessive wear; no bearing is worn down to the copper in the middle section of the shell, and the replacement was only done as a pre-emptive measure for peace of mind and performed by one of the best, most well-regarded shops in the business.)

- Bank 1 & bank 2 throttle actuators both replaced by 2nd owner with new OEM BMW throttle actuators + Odometergears.com metal throttle actuator gears @ ~89K mileage

- 4x brand new Sumitomo HTR-Z-III Tires installed @ ~90K mileage

- Front BMW hood badge replaced with new OEM BMW badge @ ~92k mileage

- Fuel system cleaned using 15oz dose of Redline SI-1 @ ~94K mileage

- Engine oil changed using Castrol TWS 10w60, OEM Filter, OEM filter rings, OEM drain plugs, and OEM crush washers @ ~94K mileage

- Center undercarriage heat shield (the one that covers the exhaust to header area and has felt side pieces) replaced using OEM BMW parts @ ~94k mileage

- Oil pan threads permanently repaired/reinforced using Timesert oil pan repair kit @ ~94K mileage

- Transmission oil changed using Redline MTL and OEM BMW drain plugs @ ~94K mileage

- Differential oil changed using Redline 75w140 and OEM BMW drain plugs @ ~94K mileage

- Cabin air filters replaced using OEM Cabin Air Filters @ ~94K mileage

- Spark plugs replaced using OEM NGK LKR8AP Spark Plugs @ ~94K mileage

- Engine air filter cleaned using AFE Filter Cleaning Kit @ ~94K mileage

- Driver side rear exhaust hanger replaced using OEM hanger @ ~94k mileage

- Front undercarriage felt (all 3 pieces; passenger side, center, and driver side) replaced using brand new OEM BMW parts @ ~95K mileage

- All 4 jack-pads replaced using OEM jack pads @ ~95K mileage

- Exhaust-to-header gasket rings replaced using OEM BMW gasket rings @ ~95K mileage

- Windshield replaced using OEM Pilkington Climate Comfort E90 M3 windshield /w new OEM rain sensor unit @ ~96k mileage

- Passenger side rear exhaust hanger replaced using OEM hanger @ ~99k mileage

- Fuel system cleaned using Chevron Techron @ ~99k mileage

- OEM 2-piece driveshaft replaced with M-Factory 1-Piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft @ ~99k mileage

- Windshield washer fluid pump replaced using OEM pump @ ~99k mileage

- Windshield washer fluid refilled @ ~99k mileage

The car currently has the following modifications installed (all included in asking price)

- Ohlin's Road & Track Coilover Suspension installed and setup @ ~83K mileage by AutoCoutureMotoring

- Vorschlag adjustable front camera plates installed and setup @ ~83K mileage by AutoCoutureMotoring

- Macht Schnell Catless Dual-Resonated X-Pipe

- M-Factory 1-Piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

- BimmerWorld Precision Front Lower Control Arm Bearings installed @ ~95K mileage

- BMW M-Performance Blue-Stripped 6MT Alcantara Steering Wheel (unknown install date/mileage)

- Challenge Carbon Fiber Trunk painted Jerez Black (unknown install date/mileage)

- OEM LCI Tail Lights (unknown install date/mileage)

- Turner Motorsport 75mm studs (unknown install date/mileage)

- Moderate window tint on the front, rear, and windshield (unknown brand/% and install date/mileage)

- Front tow hook eyelet license plate mount/bracket (unknown brand and install date/mileage)

- Matte black side-gills (unknown brand and install date/mileage)

- Jerez Black painted bumper side-reflectors (unknown brand and install date/mileage)

- An entire assortment of coding work done; cold start delete, windows up upon holding lock button, mirrors folding upon lock/unlock, euro MDM, etc (I do not know the full list, as it was not performed under my ownership)

- ESS Tune (catless-specific) flashed @ ~93K mileage

- WeatherTech Extreme Duty DigitalFit Floor Liners; color is black (front row, second row) installed @ ~90K mileage

Known issues (I am extremely thorough and do my best to fully represent every detail that I can about any issues with respect toward full disclosure):

- Airbag recall has not been performed yet; I will be contacting BMW NA to get a better idea of ETA on it's availability

- Some of the wheels have minor curb rash. I'll let the future high res pictures detail this as best as possible for interested buyers.

- Driver's seat has a dime sized area where the leather has become discolored. Note that the texture and condition of the dime sized area is flawless besides the color change; previous owner is unsure how this happened, as am I. It never bothered me enough to get some leather dye to remedy it, as it's directly under the area where your left butt cheek would be while sitting in the vehicle. I'll let the future high res pictures detail this as best as possible for interested buyers.

- Front bumper has multiple rock chips (some minor, some larger) and was drilled for front lips in the past, it could use a re-spray or replacement.

- Hood has some minor rock chips.

- Rest of the body/paint is in good condition; not flawless by any stretch, as it does have a few small nicks here and there in the paint from being daily driven over the years (will be photographing these one by one so that the buyer can evaluate it for themselves)

- Passenger side fender has a small piece chipped in the very rear-most corner due to a highway rock chip

- Challenge CF trunk has some very light water etching in the clearcoat (the clearcoat that is over the Jerez paint, NOT the raw carbon fiber itself) right behind the duckbill; minor enough where it doesn't bother me, probably remediable by an knowledgable detailer.

Things you will receive with the car:
- 2x original key FOBs
- Owner's manual
- ESS OBD-II cable (VIN-locked to this car)
- ESS tuning software USB drive
- Front tow hook eyelet license plate bracket and necessary mounting hardware
- Ohlins spanner wrench set for adjusting coilover settings

VERY IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE REGARDING THE PICTURES BELOW:
- Interior has not been detailed yet due to time constraints; I apologize for the dust, rest assured it will be detailed before the sale
- Car is pictured with an Akrapovic Evolution exhaust; this is NOT included in the sale and the car will come with a Mach Schnell X-Pipe + OEM rear section
- Car is pictured with aftermarket gloss black kidney grills; this is NOT included in the sale and the car will come with original OEM chrome kidney grills
- Car is pictured with RPI scoops behind the kidney grills; these are NOT included in the sale
- Car is pictured with 15mm spacers up front and 12mm spacers in the rear; these are NOT included in the sale, however the 75mm studs that are pictured ARE included in the sale
- Car is pictured with an F10 M5 Shift Knob; this is NOT included in the sale and the car will come with an original OEM E9X M3 shift knob

Also, things I plan on getting more pictures of:
- Dime-sized discoloration on driver's seat (buttox area of the seat)
- More interior photos after a proper interior detail
- The light water etching on the clearcoat of the Challenge CF trunk (it is so light that I spent 5 minutes trying to photograph it the other day and none of it would actually show up in the pictures; I may have to take a video instead or find another way to capture it)

Pictures:

(Driver side hood area)

(Driver side hood area)

(Driver side rear door handle area)

(Different shot of same ding pictured above; driver's side rear door handle area)

(Passenger side front fender rock chip)

(Driver side rear bumper area)

(Driver side front wheel)

(Driver side rear wheel)

(Passenger side front wheel)

(Passenger side rear wheel)

Original rod bearings, as packaged from ACM after they were removed at 81,570 mileage

Original rod bearings (lower bearings can be seen on the top of the pictures, upper bearings can be seen on the bottom of the picture)

Close-up of the upper rod bearings

Close-up of the lower rod bearings

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post here or PM me! Thanks for looking!

Some solid questions I have received thus far from potential buyers:

Q: Has the airbag recall been performed yet?
A: No, it has not. This is a bit of a tricky ordeal for me to get done, as my car is registered, titled, and plated in NJ while I live in WA (I've done this for tax reasons due to being active duty military); the last time I spoke with BMW NA about this over the phone, they said that I my place in line as far as the recall goes is based off the location that the vehicle is titled in. I will call them again this week sometime to reconfirm the ETA on when the airbag recall parts will be available to me to have the replacement performed by a local dealership here in WA.

Q: Why are you selling?
A: I originally bought this car for the long haul and intended to drive it well past 200k miles; I even preemptively bought 7x complete oil change kits and a myriad of replacement parts just to have on hand for convenience throughout the years of future ownership, hehe. However, my wife and I will likely be moving to NYC sometime in the next 1-2 years, and we have both jointly made the decision to sell my M3 and put that money towards some investments instead of keep it as a daily driver after the move, largely due to me not wanting to drive it in NYC due to the atrocious road conditions, crazy no-f's given drivers, astronomical cost of paying for parking, and a new door or bumper ding every day due to bumper-to-bumper/super tight parking spaces. My hats are off to those of you who drive M3's in NYC; I feel like if I had to DD my car in the city, I wouldn't even enjoy it anymore and it would become more of a liability than anything else.

Q: Does the Ohlin's R&T suspension setup retain EDC functionality?
A: No, it does not. However, the car itself has full EDC programming and electronics still in place; if the future owner would ever like to convert it back to an OEM EDC suspension, they would just need to physically swap out the Ohlin's for an OEM EDC setup and be on there way, no coding/software adjustments/messing with electronics needed. Be aware that as it sits, the car currently displays an EDC error on the nav screen upon startup, due to the system recognizing that the current suspension setup is not compatible with EDC functionality; this error message is harmless and doesn't affect anything. It is possible to have it coded out, but I've left it in-tact so that if any future buyers decide to switch suspensions setups to an EDC compatible setup, they don't need to mess with coding to restore full EDC functionality.

Q: Is your price firm?
A: Yes. My philosophy with selling is to list at a firm, true, no-frills asking price right off the bat. I do not believe in intentionally listing things slightly "high" in order to leave wiggle room for negotiations; this is a waste of time in my opinion. What I'm asking for the car is what I'm willing to take for it and what I consider a fair price that will facilitate the car being sold in a timely manner. If the car does not sell after a few months, I will likely begin reducing the price in small increments as I see fit.

Q: What is the benefit of having the 09+ clutch and flywheel?
A: In 2009, BMW replaced the '08 clutch/flywheel setup and discontinued production of the '08 OE clutch plate. Hence, if you want an OEM replacement for an '08, the only clutch currently in production is one requiring a pairing to the '09 flywheel, meaning you would have to buy a new flywheel as well to go with your new clutch. Whenever the time comes for a future clutch or flywheel replacement on this car, you will only need to worry about replacing the actual part that you intend on replacing, instead of additional auxiliary components for the sake of compatibility.

Last edited by kamber; 02-24-2018 at 06:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 10:11 PM   #2
kamber
E90
Rep

bump

Last edited by kamber; 07-21-2017 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 12:48 PM   #3
kamber
E90
Rep

bump

Last edited by kamber; 07-21-2017 at 11:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 03:21 PM   #4
Treatureh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

NYC tag but located in WA?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 03:22 PM   #5
kamber
E90
Rep

If you took the time to read the thread in it's entirety, you would see that those are merely old pictures from the previous owner which I have uploaded for the time being due to being away from home right now.

The car is indeed located in WA; it has been so for the entire duration of my ownership. I had it shipped here from NYC after making the purchase from the previous owner. It is currently titled in NJ, as I am active duty military and domiciled in NJ. Thus, I can reap significant tax benefits by titling it there as opposed to WA.

Last edited by kamber; 07-21-2017 at 11:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 11:37 PM   #6
kamber
E90
Rep

After initially withdrawing the vehicle from sale due to emotional attachment, the car is available for sale again due to the wife and I wanting to free up some funds for a few investments.

Full interior/exterior detail to be performed this weekend; expect updated pictures afterwards!

Last edited by kamber; 07-22-2017 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #7
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

Very thorough maintenance history. For an 08 it's great that the clutch, flywheel have been upgraded. For a higher mileage 08 this one is well sorted. GLWS and looking forward to the updated pics.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 12:09 PM   #8
kamber
E90
Rep

Thanks! Getting my supplies together to conduct a detail later this afternoon

Last edited by kamber; 07-22-2017 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #9
OhOkayBro
Registered
Rep
Drives: 4runner

Nice car, everything is nicely updated! Wish you were in the bay area. I'm looking for something like it. GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #10
kamber
E90
Rep

Thank's for the kind words fellas!

OhOkayBro; I can always pick you up at the airport if you'd like to fly up and drive it back down, should you not find what you're looking for locally in CA

Unfortunately, the detailing of the vehicle will have to be pushed to tomorrow due to some errands and family stuff coming up last minute.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 08:46 PM   #11
JOHNNY-5
Lieutenant
Laos
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

I am in oregon and very interested. Please post some updated current pics. I might by free this coming weekend to drive up and look at it. PM me with details.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 08:57 PM   #12
kamber
E90
Rep

I'll post pictures after it's detailed tomorrow afternoon. PM'ing you with my number so you can contact me regarding meeting up next weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 11:47 PM   #13
kamber
E90
Rep

So I finished the full exterior detail this evening, but by the time I got done cleaning/dressing the wheels, it was too dark out to take good photos.

I'll be using my wife's DSLR tomorrow during daylight hours to grab some good ones, but here is a crappy cell phone picture of the car after today's wash and wax:

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 12:05 AM   #14
JOHNNY-5
Lieutenant
Laos
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

Looks good. Cant wait ti see day time pics of interior and exterior
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 12:18 AM   #15
kamber
E90
Rep

Thanks Johnny-Walker! They'll be coming right up tomorrow; I'm going to try to comb the car inch by inch for imperfections such as rock chips, nicks, dings, or scratches to get individual pictures of those too.

ALL POTENTIAL BUYERS; note that the car was originally listed with an F10 M5 Shift knob/boot as an included mod - it has since been parted out so the car will now come with an OEM E9X M3 shift knob/boot.

I have also decided to add/include Turner Motorsport 75mm studs (these will come installed on the car) and a set of Ohlins spanner wrenches (for adjusting the coilover settings) to the sale.

Note that the asking price remains $24,000.

The BMW M-Performance Steering Wheel is included with the sale for now. Should it be parted out before a buyer pulls the trigger on the car, the price will be lowered from the current $24,000 to $23,700.

Last edited by kamber; 07-24-2017 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 07:48 AM   #16
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

In NY and very interested. I'd like to see interior and exterior pics as well. Good job with the write-up!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 11:42 PM   #17
kamber
E90
Rep

Original post updated with CURRENT pictures!

VERY IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE REGARDING THE PICTURES:
- Interior has not been detailed yet due to time constraints; I apologize for the dust, rest assured it will be detailed before the sale
- Car is pictured with an Akrapovic Evolution exhaust; this is NOT included in the sale and the car will come with a Mach Schnell X-Pipe + OEM rear section
- Car is pictured with aftermarket gloss black kidney grills; this is NOT included in the sale and the car will come with original OEM chrome kidney grills
- Car is pictured with RPI scoops behind the kidney grills; these are NOT included in the sale
- Car is pictured with 15mm spacers up front and 12mm spacers in the rear; these are NOT included in the sale
- Car is pictured with an F10 M5 Shift Knob; this is NOT included in the sale and the car will come with an original OEM E9X M3 shift knob

Last edited by kamber; 07-25-2017 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 02:59 AM   #18
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamber View Post
Original post updated with CURRENT pictures!

VERY IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE REGARDING THE PICTURES:
- Car is pictured with aftermarket gloss black kidney grills; this is NOT included in the sale and the car will come with an original OEM chrome kidney grills
- Car is pictured with RPI scoops behind the grills; these are NOT included in the sale
- Car is pictured with 15mm spacers up front and 12mm spacers in the rear; these are NOT included in the sale
Pictures aye? ?

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 10:23 AM   #19
kamber
E90
Rep

Yessir! Let me know if there are any particular areas you would like more pictures of. I'll get a closeup of the dime sized discolored area on the driver's seat; forgot to yesterday evening.

Last edited by kamber; 07-25-2017 at 06:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 02:25 PM   #20
R8T3D_M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

New to the forum but super interested in the vehicle. Recently had picked up an 08 e90 6mt in AW for the girlfriend and now looking to purchase one for myself! cant PM on here. if you could follow up with a text id appreciate that. 248-797-8623. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 06:18 PM   #21
kamber
E90
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excusem3 View Post
New to the forum but super interested in the vehicle. Recently had picked up an 08 e90 6mt in AW for the girlfriend and now looking to purchase one for myself! cant PM on here. if you could follow up with a text id appreciate that. 248-797-8623. Thanks
Sure thing, I'll shoot you a text here shortly!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 10:51 PM   #22
kamber
E90
Rep

Received some solid questions from potential buyers and thought it best to share the answers here as well for everyone else to see:

Q: Has the airbag recall been performed yet?
A: No, it has not. This is a bit of a tricky ordeal for me to get done, as my car is registered, titled, and plated in NJ while I live in WA (I've done this for tax reasons due to being active duty military); the last time I spoke with BMW NA about this over the phone, they said that I my place in line as far as the recall goes is based off the location that the vehicle is titled in. I will call them again this week sometime to reconfirm the ETA on when the airbag recall parts will be available to me to have the replacement performed by a local dealership here in WA.

Q: Why are you selling?
A: I originally bought this car for the long haul and intended to drive it well past 200k miles; I even preemptively bought 7x complete oil change kits and a myriad of consumables such as coil packs, spark plugs, cabin air filters, etc. just to have on hand for convenience throughout the years of future ownership, hehe. However, my wife and I will likely be moving to NYC sometime in the next 1-2 years, and we have both jointly made the decision to sell my M3 and put that money towards some investments instead of keep it as a daily driver after the move, largely due to me not wanting to drive it in NYC due to the atrocious road conditions, crazy no-f's given drivers, astronomical cost of paying for parking, and a new door or bumper ding every day due to bumper-to-bumper/super tight parking spaces. My hats are off to those of you who drive M3's in NYC; I feel like if I had to DD my car in the city, I wouldn't even enjoy it anymore and it would become more of a liability than anything else.

Q: Does the Ohlin's R&T suspension setup retain EDC functionality?
A: No, it does not. However, the car itself has full EDC programming and electronics still in place; if the future owner would ever like to convert it back to an OEM EDC suspension, they would just need to physically swap out the Ohlin's for an OEM EDC setup and be on there way, no coding/software adjustments/messing with electronics needed. Be aware that as it sits, the car currently displays an EDC error on the nav screen upon startup, due to the system recognizing that the current suspension setup is not compatible with EDC functionality; this error message is harmless and doesn't affect anything. It is possible to have it coded out, but I've left it in-tact so that if any future buyers decide to switch suspensions setups to an EDC compatible setup, they don't need to mess with coding to restore full EDC functionality.

Q: Is your price firm?
A: Yes. My philosophy with selling is to list at a firm, true, no-frills asking price right off the bat. I do not believe in intentionally listing things slightly "high" in order to leave wiggle room for negotiations; this is a waste of time in my opinion. What I'm asking for the car is what I'm willing to take for it and what I consider a fair price that will facilitate the car being sold in a timely manner. If the car does not sell after a few months, I will likely begin reducing the price in small increments as I see fit.

Q: What is the benefit of having the 09+ clutch and flywheel?
A: In 2009, BMW replaced the '08 clutch/flywheel setup and discontinued production of the '08 OE clutch plate. Hence, if you want an OEM replacement for an '08, the only clutch currently in production is one requiring a pairing to the '09 flywheel, meaning you would have to buy a new flywheel as well to go with your new clutch. Whenever the time comes for a future clutch or flywheel replacement on this car, you will only need to worry about replacing the actual part that you intend on replacing, instead of additional auxiliary components for the sake of compatibility.

If anyone has any more questions, feel free to ask!

Also, things I plan on getting more pictures of:
- Dime-sized discoloration on driver's seat (buttox area of the seat)
- More interior photos after a proper interior detail
- The light water etching on the clearcoat of the Challenge CF trunk (it is so light that I spent 5 minutes trying to photograph it the other day and none of it would actually show up in the pictures; I may have to take a video instead or find another way to capture it)

Last edited by kamber; 07-25-2017 at 10:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
tlow982188.00