Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-03-2017, 12:33 AM   #1
rashid_seyadi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 F80 DCT

My review on Mission Performance Tune

I wanted to share my experience before and after tuning my car with mission performance,

First of all I would like to take a moment to thank our local garage Mototech owned by Hezam and Hussain, they worked as an intermediary between me and Alex the tuner which transformed my M3 into a beast on the road. Difference in timings was an issue but we worked together and made this happen and until today whenever I contact any of the mentioned guys they were there and answered all my questions and try to help me make my car faster whenever they can, making more power with a bad graph and bad air fuel ratio that’s something I don’t want.
Mods on the car:

• DP (Akrapovic)
• Air filter (Gruppe M)
• Methanol 100%
• BMS Chargepipes

Before tuning my car I used to have JB4 which was good, and flash tuning my car was a big step as I had to remove the ecu and get it unlocked this would make it easy for the dealer to have an excuse on my warranty, in the end I decided to take that step and flash tune the car first impression the car pulled much harder compared to the jb4 and the dyno graph is smooth with zero knocks which chows that the car runs smooth and power is consistent all over the rpms. I even made a vbox comparison and it clearly showed a lower number from 100-200 KM compared to JB4 numbers. I even raced a number of cars before and after the tune and it showed the difference which made me think why I didn’t flash it from the beginning.

I even added the burble feature and the TCU flash.

I’m not saying that JB4 is bad and flash tuning is better I’m just sharing my experience between both as both have their benefits and negative things.

Unfortunetly since i only have the vbox sport so i cant get real vbox data, however i uploaded the timing from 100-200 KM.
best with JB4 with the same mods is 7.73
best with Mission Performance is 6.94
keep in mind my tyres have no thread no thread on them and needed to be changed ill be posting new timings with the new tyres once i get the chance to test them.

Last edited by rashid_seyadi; 04-24-2017 at 04:24 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #2
schnell1982
Captain
Rep
Drives: FAST

+1 For Alex. Super cool guy and really good with tunes !
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #3
Siciliano611
Major
Rep
Drives: SMB M6GC

Who? Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 07:17 PM   #4
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell1982 View Post
+1 For Alex. Super cool guy and really good with tunes !
thanks
Appreciate 1