R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-23-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
donstevo
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

Installed Downpipes and JB4 on my M4...

Installed Downpipes (Active AutoWerke) and JB4 on my M4 yesterday and had a pretty crappy experience. First, when i left the shop everything seemed fine until i noticed a loss of power. The car was still functioning but car felt like it was 200hp not 400+. Car sounded great and all and downpipes wake the car up completely sound wise and is almost too loud at times (in a good way).

After driving about 15 miles and pushing it hard the car went into "limp mode" and had to pull to side of freeway. Turned the car off for 5 minutes and had a "jb4 expert" come to me to try and fix the issue and told me the shop incorrectly installed the jb4 and he removed it completely leaving the car with no tune and just DPs. The car was back to being "fast" but did not feel quick like it used to. There is some sort of lag as i shift which makes the car feel much slower.

dont know what the issue is and taking it back to shop tomorrow..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 08:44 PM   #2
hakcar
**on hiatus**
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by donstevo View Post
Installed Downpipes (Active AutoWerke) and JB4 on my M4 yesterday and had a pretty crappy experience. First, when i left the shop everything seemed fine until i noticed a loss of power. The car was still functioning but car felt like it was 200hp not 400+. Car sounded great and all and downpipes wake the car up completely sound wise and is almost too loud at times (in a good way).

After driving about 15 miles and pushing it hard the car went into "limp mode" and had to pull to side of freeway. Turned the car off for 5 minutes and had a "jb4 expert" come to me to try and fix the issue and told me the shop incorrectly installed the jb4 and he removed it completely leaving the car with no tune and just DPs. The car was back to being "fast" but did not feel quick like it used to. There is some sort of lag as i shift which makes the car feel much slower.

dont know what the issue is and taking it back to shop tomorrow..
Did the shop reset the DME adaptations (via ISTA) after the install?
Appreciate 0