Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [9.67]
FS / WTT : Armytrix F10 M5 Catback

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
FS / WTT : Armytrix F10 M5 Catback

Looking to trade my Armytrix exhaust system for a stock M5 exhaust plus cash, or will sell outright as well. Exhaust is currently installed on the car, and has been installed for roughly 5 months. Videos and photos below.

System includes the following:
Front Pipe, Mid Y-Pipe, Valvetronic Mufflers, Wireless Remote Control Kit, and Quad Matte Black Tips.

MSRP on this exhaust system is $5670 when new with the matte black tip upgrade.

I will accept $3400 w/ a stock catback in good condition, or $3900 without a stock catback as trade. I can also ship for an additional $100-$200 pending location.

***The video below features the full exhaust including the Armytrix downpipes. I've already sold the Armytrix downpipes and swapped back to factory.***

2020 RDX A-Spec : Apex Blue Pearl / Red

Last edited by R3dn3k Flyby; 05-06-2017 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 02:00 PM   #2
MuffinFlavored
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 MT

Why are you looking to sell, what do you like and what don't you like about the exhaust, and how difficult is installation?

It looks like you would just remove the cover we have underneath our cars and then fuck with a few bolts?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
R3dn3k Flyby
BigMacs
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored View Post
Why are you looking to sell, what do you like and what don't you like about the exhaust, and how difficult is installation?

It looks like you would just remove the cover we have underneath our cars and then fuck with a few bolts?
Preparing the car for potential trade-in. Rather than scrambling at the last minute, I'd rather get it to where I want it for trade now. Waiting for Raptors to come back to MSRP or below.

I love the exhaust. It's phenomenal. Sounds great. Fits great. Has the cool remotes and the phone app to control everything.

Install is straight forward for the exhaust itself. Installing the wiring and running the OBDII dongle takes some knowledge / skill, but I can provide the full install diagram as well.

-James

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #4
MuffinFlavored
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dn3k Flyby View Post
Preparing the car for potential trade-in. Rather than scrambling at the last minute, I'd rather get it to where I want it for trade now. Waiting for Raptors to come back to MSRP or below.

I love the exhaust. It's phenomenal. Sounds great. Fits great. Has the cool remotes and the phone app to control everything.

Install is straight forward for the exhaust itself. Installing the wiring and running the OBDII dongle takes some knowledge / skill, but I can provide the full install diagram as well.

-James
Why did you choose this exhaust over a full exhaust (in the context of non-cat-back)? What are you really sacrificing?

How did you install it: yourself, or was it a shop? if so, how much was installation?

Why are you going from an M5 to a Raptor?...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #5
R3dn3k Flyby
BigMacs
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored View Post
Why did you choose this exhaust over a full exhaust (in the context of non-cat-back)? What are you really sacrificing?

How did you install it: yourself, or was it a shop? if so, how much was installation?

Why are you going from an M5 to a Raptor?...
I previously had the full Armytrix system including their downpipes. I recently sold the Armytrix downpipes and went back to OEM downpipes. The Armytrix valvetronic system is great. Allows you to be quiet when needed and loud when wanted. Via the phone app, you have access to a wide variety of gauges and readings, and you have the ability to control how the valves open in auto mode, whether it be a certain RPM or certain boost level. This further allows you to build boost very quickly as the valves being closed creates a bit of back-pressure, and then rapidly open the valves at the time you want for free flowing once the turbos are spooled. This is a full system from the downpipes back. Once purchased, the only other thing you would need would be aftermarket downpipes from any brand of your preference.

Installed at a shop. Total install including downpipes was roughly 8 hours. If you do just the catback, I would guess that was roughly 3 hours of that 8. Cost would be determined by the hourly rate of the shop you use.

For a long while, wife and I had the M5 and a Tacoma TRD. Here in AZ, there's a variety of activities that a truck comes in handy for. Last year, we traded the Tacoma in on a '16 Mustang GT. Now we have two sporty cars that can't hit any trails and this also means we can't access certain lakes / rivers we like to visit. Of all the trucks on the market, the Raptor is the only one the piques my interest. She doesn't want to get rid of the Mustang. I've also had the M5 for 2 years and I normally go through cars every 1.5 to 2.5 years.

-James

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #6
R3dn3k Flyby
BigMacs
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [9.67]

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 09:29 PM   #7
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dn3k Flyby View Post

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0