European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-16-2017, 12:52 AM   #1
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Vrsf charge pipes recommendation?

Like the price but is the fitment good or spend the extra money for ER.

Looking for some feedback
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 08:38 AM   #2
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post

There was one post showing issues with the welds on VRSF's chargepipes. That's the only negative feedback I've seen.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 09:15 AM   #3
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:

If you plan on running meth, no (on the current version). The bung on the front pipe is placed directly behind the tube and you will not have enough space to fit the nozzle and compression fitting there. The angle of the hose would also be too steep and most likely fail over time.

If you dont plan on running meth, fitment is perfectly fine. Use their supplied hardware. Install everything loosely and place the engine cover back on. Then remove and tighten everything down once in place.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 12:22 PM   #4
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

No meth for me and will be running an aftermarket front mount intake. Heard some issues with running on the intake box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
If you plan on running meth, no (on the current version). The bung on the front pipe is placed directly behind the tube and you will not have enough space to fit the nozzle and compression fitting there. The angle of the hose would also be too steep and most likely fail over time.

If you dont plan on running meth, fitment is perfectly fine. Use their supplied hardware. Install everything loosely and place the engine cover back on. Then remove and tighten everything down once in place.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 03:46 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
No meth for me and will be running an aftermarket front mount intake. Heard some issues with running on the intake box.
It does the job.
Good quality for the price and spot on fitment.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #6
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
If you're having doubts, just pull the trigger on the ERs, they've been in the manufacturing/racing scene a very long time and make all parts right here in the US.

We always have them in stock.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 09:24 AM   #7
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Fitment is fine on the VRSF.

If you like the ER, their fitment is great and it has anodized black as an option which I find looks better.

If you just want it more as a function the VRSF will do though.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 04:38 PM   #8
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

I have the ER on my F80 and VRSF on my F82. Both fit well and look good under the hood. The meth bungs would be a thought if you were planning to go that route.
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 1
M3anPower175.50
      05-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #9
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Which charge pipe did you choose?

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2017, 09:49 AM   #10
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
The meth bung issue has already been corrected. We have an adapter available for anyone that plans on running meth and the next batch will have the meth bung located in a more optimal position

We've sold about 70 of these so far and the only fitment issue we've run into is with the AWE intake box. Everything else is spot on.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #11
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

installed

purchased the vrsf charge pipes from Mike at X-PH. Great service and price. Very easy and smooth transaction.

My decision was made on the VRSF from feedback from forum members. So thank you for all the input. Received them yesterday and spent my evening installing them.

Quality of the pipes was as expected. nice black wrinkle powder coat, high quality clamps and couplers. Saw some previous pictures with issues with the meth bungs and excess welding inside but looks like that has been addressed. I wont be running meth so really not a concern but glad it been taken care off for those considering meth.

Spent around 1.5 hours installing them. Having the right tools is key since its pretty tight. Im running Rk Carbon front mount intakes so removing my intake was not an option. Would of made life much easier if you can remove the full intake. Had to wiggle around the intake pipe to access the bolts on the bottom of the charge pipe.

The fitment is tight even with the RK intakes. its actually rubbing against my MAF connection but I can adjust the tube so it shouldnt be a problem. not sure how it would fit with other intakes or the stock intake.

I couldnt be happier with the purchase and actually would be mad at myself if I chose a more expensive pipe. after seeing them in person its hard for me to swallow the price tag of the other brands out there.

even at the dramatically lower price of VRSF i still think they are way over priced. two metal tubes for 300 bucks is insane. this should really have a price tag of 100-150 bucks and that in itself probably has a huge margin. prob cost the manufacture less than 20 bucks to make these

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
The meth bung issue has already been corrected. We have an adapter available for anyone that plans on running meth and the next batch will have the meth bung located in a more optimal position

We've sold about 70 of these so far and the only fitment issue we've run into is with the AWE intake box. Everything else is spot on.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #12
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
purchased the vrsf charge pipes from Mike at X-PH. Great service and price. Very easy and smooth transaction.

My decision was made on the VRSF from feedback from forum members. So thank you for all the input. Received them yesterday and spent my evening installing them.

Quality of the pipes was as expected. nice black wrinkle powder coat, high quality clamps and couplers. Saw some previous pictures with issues with the meth bungs and excess welding inside but looks like that has been addressed. I wont be running meth so really not a concern but glad it been taken care off for those considering meth.

Spent around 1.5 hours installing them. Having the right tools is key since its pretty tight. Im running Rk Carbon front mount intakes so removing my intake was not an option. Would of made life much easier if you can remove the full intake. Had to wiggle around the intake pipe to access the bolts on the bottom of the charge pipe.

The fitment is tight even with the RK intakes. its actually rubbing against my MAF connection but I can adjust the tube so it shouldnt be a problem. not sure how it would fit with other intakes or the stock intake.

I couldnt be happier with the purchase and actually would be mad at myself if I chose a more expensive pipe. after seeing them in person its hard for me to swallow the price tag of the other brands out there.

even at the dramatically lower price of VRSF i still think they are way over priced. two metal tubes for 300 bucks is insane. this should really have a price tag of 100-150 bucks and that in itself probably has a huge margin. prob cost the manufacture less than 20 bucks to make these
Thank you for the feeback, glad you like it

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 10:16 PM   #13
M3pedals
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Don't want to be a hater but I was a bit disappointed when I saw the welds on the VRSF. Moral of the story is you get what you pay for.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0