Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #1
tradebeast2g
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Thoughts on AC SCHINTZER exhaust system?

Hey guys,

My car: BMW M4 f82

So my dealer has offered the AC SCHINTZER exhaust system for me at a decent price. However there doesnt seem to be any proper videos or reviews of this system on YouTube or much on the forums here which i find a bit odd. Is this not a good exhaust system?

I have also the option for the Akrapovic but its quite expensive.

Anyone have any opinion on the SCHINTZER exhaust? Or any videos of their own.

Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 07:49 AM   #2
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

AC Schnitzer (not schintzer) is a very reputable company. I think there was a thread of someone getting their exhaust, I'm sure you'll find it if you search for it. However, you wont find many videos or reviews of ACS products here, the company doesn't have a lot of presence in North America. Eitherway, videos will never properly portray the sound properly anyway. So if you are in the market for an exhaust and you are getting a steal deal like you suggest, I'd go for it. Personally I think the Akra is overpriced and doesn't sound that great.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2017, 07:54 AM   #3
AIRPOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 6MT YMB M3, 1974 Corvette

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [9.67]
Exhaust video is on second page....absolutely love it and receive many compliments on the note.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1206009

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #4
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradebeast2g View Post
Hey guys,

So my dealer has offered the AC SCHINTZER exhaust system for me at a decent price. However there doesnt seem to be any proper videos or reviews of this system on YouTube or much on the forums here which i find a bit odd. Is this not a good exhaust system?

Thanks a lot.
As mentioned above, no video will truly give you the real sound of an exhaust. If you are getting it for a discounted price I'd go for it especially that it would keep your warranty intact.

Mind you, if you buy a car from AGMC, who do not offer Akrapovic, then you cannot install the Akrapovic exhaust from Abu Dhabi Motors as that would void your warranty. I've asked and got this from the warranty manager through the call center.

so I'd stick with the AC Schnitzer or M Performance Exhaust if you care about your warranty.

On the other hand, if you bought your car from Abu Dhabi Motors, who are the Akrapovic dealer, then that's a different story but I would only get the Akrapovic with downpipes because without them, it barely sounds any better than the stock exhaust.
LUX H8 189 Angel Eyes

2023 Nissan Z Performance (Ikazuchi Yellow)
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 08:26 AM   #5
tradebeast2g
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRPOWER View Post
Exhaust video is on second page....absolutely love it and receive many compliments on the note.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1206009
Hi bro thanks for your comment,

I saw the video, looks good!

I Noticed you did some tuner stuff as well, does that have a factor into the sound of the exhaust? I will not be doing any tuning stuff just the exhaust.

Thanks
Appreciate 1
AIRPOWER1682.50
      05-20-2017, 08:30 AM   #6
tradebeast2g
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
As mentioned above, no video will truly give you the real sound of an exhaust. If you are getting it for a discounted price I'd go for it especially that it would keep your warranty intact.

Mind you, if you buy a car from AGMC, who do not offer Akrapovic, then you cannot install the Akrapovic exhaust from Abu Dhabi Motors as that would void your warranty. I've asked and got this from the warranty manager through the call center.

so I'd stick with the AC Schnitzer or M Performance Exhaust if you care about your warranty.

On the other hand, if you bought your car from Abu Dhabi Motors, who are the Akrapovic dealer, then that's a different story but I would only get the Akrapovic with downpipes because without them, it barely sounds any better than the stock exhaust.
Oh I didn't know about the the warranty issues. I am with AGMC dubai.

Yea I guess the option for me is between the AC Schnitzer or the M Performance exhaust. But the M performance exhaust is quite expensive here i think its almost double the price of the AC Schnitzer from AGMC.

I wish there were a lot more reviews for the AC tho.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 08:41 AM   #7
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Oh I didn't know about the the warranty issues. I am with AGMC dubai.

Yea I guess the option for me is between the AC Schnitzer or the M Performance exhaust. But the M performance exhaust is quite expensive here i think its almost double the price of the AC Schnitzer from AGMC.

I wish there were a lot more reviews for the AC tho.
Well there you go, if you want to keep your warranty, stick to the AC Schnitzer exhaust because yes, the MPE will cost you around AED 44,000 if you add the carbon fiber exhaust tips or titanium exhaust tips.

So go for the AC Shnitzer, as mentioned, you don't see a lot of reviews or videos because it is not very common in the USA since folks can get the MPE in the US for just $5K USD, we pay more than double for that.
LUX H8 189 Angel Eyes

Appreciate 1
      05-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #8
AIRPOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 6MT YMB M3, 1974 Corvette

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Hi bro thanks for your comment,

I saw the video, looks good!

I Noticed you did some tuner stuff as well, does that have a factor into the sound of the exhaust? I will not be doing any tuning stuff just the exhaust.

Thanks
No the tuner doesn't affect the sound of the exhaust. it will sound the same on your car.

Appreciate 1
      05-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #9
AW M4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 ///M4

FYI, the ACS exhaust is a rebranded Remus exhaust. Remus manufacture & private label for ACS. You'd pretty much be getting the same sound as a remus car back w the resonated mid section. Hope that helps out and you'll be able to find more sound clips.
      05-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW M4 View Post
FYI, the ACS exhaust is a rebranded Remus exhaust. Remus manufacture & private label for ACS. You'd pretty much be getting the same sound as a remus car back w the resonated mid section. Hope that helps out and you'll be able to find more sound clips.
Hmm i did not know that

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #11
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

I met a guy today at McDonald's and he saw me wearing the M Bracelet so he was like, what car do you drive.....then we started talking about cars....., long story short, he has a 2014 Z4 3.0L with the AC Schnitzer exhaust so I was like, can I hear it? We went out and he started the car, it had a very nice deep tone just like you would hear on a super car, I was shocked by how good it sounded. He revved it a little bit but nothing crazy and it sounded awesome. I was thinking in the back of my head, wow, if it sounds this good on a Z4, it would sound even better on an M3/M4.
LUX H8 189 Angel Eyes

Appreciate 1
      06-14-2017, 07:38 PM   #12
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...12703302137523

Love it
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 07:47 PM   #13
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figurka View Post
sounds awesome! Love the AC Schnitzer rims and front bumper by the way

LUX H8 189 Angel Eyes

Appreciate 1
      06-18-2017, 04:50 AM   #14
tradebeast2g
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
I met a guy today at McDonald's and he saw me wearing the M Bracelet so he was like, what car do you drive.....then we started talking about cars....., long story short, he has a 2014 Z4 3.0L with the AC Schnitzer exhaust so I was like, can I hear it? We went out and he started the car, it had a very nice deep tone just like you would hear on a super car, I was shocked by how good it sounded. He revved it a little bit but nothing crazy and it sounded awesome. I was thinking in the back of my head, wow, if it sounds this good on a Z4, it would sound even better on an M3/M4.
Haha i always end up meeting people at Mcdonalds regarding cars.

Thanks for the info bro, will make a follow up video soon on this.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #15
RazBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Just came across this thread.
I have installed the AC Schnitzer exhaust with Sound Pipe on my F82 and it just sounds great!
It is really loud on Sport/Sport+.. best mod i've done so far..
Appreciate 2
      06-21-2017, 05:23 PM   #16
Fugazii
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82/2022

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot.
What's a decent price before I post my .02-cents?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 01:08 AM   #17
RazBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazii View Post
Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot.
Prices vary across different markets.
In the UAE, the ACS exhaust with the additional Sound Pipe and black tips costs $5,000 installed. The MPE costs $6,500 with Titanium tips installed. CF tips adds another few hundred bucks. But again, the ACS price vs MPE could be very different elsewhere.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2017, 02:08 AM   #18
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

Love my ACS exhaust! It's very aggressive sounding on the competition package.

Instagram c1_cdg
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2017, 01:14 PM   #19
tradebeast2g
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazii View Post

Video I made after getting the exhaust.

Appreciate 1
      06-27-2017, 01:12 AM   #20
evkl
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 F82

Quote:
Video I made after getting the exhaust.

Definitely one of the better sounding exhausts I've heard on an M3/M4. Most videos I hear there's a ton of cracking and I barely hear any of it with your setup. Do you not get that with the ACS export version?

Contemplating an M4 purchase sometime next year and this video definitely has got me considering the ACS exhaust as my first mod. Especially with the MPE/akra exhausts being so damn expensive.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 05:03 AM   #21
tradebeast2g
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by er1cv View Post
Definitely one of the better sounding exhausts I've heard on an M3/M4. Most videos I hear there's a ton of cracking and I barely hear any of it with your setup. Do you not get that with the ACS export version?

Contemplating an M4 purchase sometime next year and this video definitely has got me considering the ACS exhaust as my first mod. Especially with the MPE/akra exhausts being so damn expensive.
Hey buddy, since I have the standard M4 what I get is a deeper sound and definitely louder while accelerating. There are few small short pops here and slight burbles.

If you have a competition package then the exhaust makes it even more crazier with the long burbles etc..

I think its worth it as an overall package.
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2017, 01:47 AM   #22
evkl
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 F82

Quote:
Hey buddy, since I have the standard M4 what I get is a deeper sound and definitely louder while accelerating. There are few small short pops here and slight burbles.

If you have a competition package then the exhaust makes it even more crazier with the long burbles etc..

I think its worth it as an overall package.
Awesome. I'm not really considering the competition package so it looks like I may be in the same boat as you with the standard edition. Was there a specific part number for the model you went for?

I was looking through their website and the details are pretty limited. Seems like it might be a bit more challenging for me to order since there aren't any official US dealers.
Appreciate 0