Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-20-2017, 03:48 PM   #1
Bluer2
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Question about chargepipes installation

hey guys, i'm trying to install my ER chargepipes today and I notice the pipes can't be bolted all the way down. There is still some up and down movement after I tighten the bolt all the way. Did BMW design it this way? If BMW did design it this way wouldn't there be a pressure leak? It seems like I need to put some washers on the bolt which I think is ridiculous. I actually put the stock chargepipes back on and there is still a small gap. If I tighten that bolt any more I am definitely going to snap it in half.

Last edited by Bluer2; 05-20-2017 at 03:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2017, 05:32 PM   #2
Weechard
M3
Rep
Drives: 2013 MW m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer2 View Post
hey guys, i'm trying to install my ER chargepipes today and I notice the pipes can't be bolted all the way down. There is still some up and down movement after I tighten the bolt all the way. Did BMW design it this way? If BMW did design it this way wouldn't there be a pressure leak? It seems like I need to put some washers on the bolt which I think is ridiculous. I actually put the stock chargepipes back on and there is still a small gap. If I tighten that bolt any more I am definitely going to snap it in half.
Are you using the oem bolts or the Allen head bolts provided by ER? Also did you by chance remember to remove the rubber seals from the oem charge pipes and place them on the aftermarket? I had a slight boost leak because I was trying to use the oem bmw torx bolts which won't work.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 07:50 PM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

I recommend you take pictures and either post it here or send it to Evolution Racewerks

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0