Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-04-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Akra DPs

So, I have a set of Akra DPs with the plan to pair it to my Akra Evo. I'm currently on the fence on whether or not to install them. My main concern is inspections. Was curious to hear from those that may have the Akra Evo and added Akra DPs later. Is the sound / performance worth the hassle of R&R them each year for emissions testing?

Thx
      06-05-2017, 12:05 AM   #2
phorbes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2CS

I've been running DP's since getting my car in 15. You're allowed a sticker for the first 2 years of the car so you don't have to get the inspection done and then I've just claimed the car is out of state and they'll send you your tags without having to go get an inspection done. They tell you you must get the inspection once you return to the state but I've never done it.

Did it again this year.
      06-05-2017, 08:53 AM   #3
Daxos
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

I have the same setup as you do but live in a state that doesn't require inspections. Even if it did, I would go through the hassle because the sound is just so much better with the DP's.
Appreciate 1
mcvaughan704.00
      06-05-2017, 10:28 AM   #4
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorbes View Post
I've been running DP's since getting my car in 15. You're allowed a sticker for the first 2 years of the car so you don't have to get the inspection done and then I've just claimed the car is out of state and they'll send you your tags without having to go get an inspection done. They tell you you must get the inspection once you return to the state but I've never done it.

Did it again this year.
I got the car in '15 so 2 years is almost up. Think I'm going to do the inspection and then install.

Thx
      06-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #5
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxos View Post
I have the same setup as you do but live in a state that doesn't require inspections. Even if it did, I would go through the hassle because the sound is just so much better with the DP's.
Lucky
      06-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #6
Daxos
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

DP's will make the car noticeably louder. Not obnoxiously loud in the case of Akrapovic, but definitely loud enough to scare people when you rev it and they don't expect it.

The other day I downshifted from 5th to 4th in an underpass and the Porsche convertible driver next to me looked scared for a moment. Good times
Appreciate 1
mcvaughan704.00