BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-14-2017, 03:41 PM   #1
Widowmaker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i Alpine White n55 DCT

****** n55 O2 fix

I can't really find any info on this outside of a couple of posts here and there

https://www.******.ca/product/io2-un...sor-simulator/

Has anyone confirmed this is a usable DP fix for us n55 guys to get around the O2 monitor ready issue?

I am due for renewal and really do not want to unbolt catless dps and rebolt the catted, just to undo it again for a 10 min emissions test - mainly due to time

I'm worried if I splice this in and get OBDII scanned, my monitors will still not show ready. Obviously Area 74 themselves this will work, but am trying to get validation from the 1Addicts community as well if this is a solution

Also would like this thread to serve as a searchable item as when googling an answer, nothing shows up so hopefully this will help someone else out in the future!

Edit: look like the link gets censored? Is this not an ok thread? the manufacturer is Area 74

Last edited by Widowmaker; 07-14-2017 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: link
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 08:17 PM   #2
Gizmo135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i n55

I have the area 74 and it works perfectly
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2017, 10:20 PM   #3
BoosTonian
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MB C63 S AMG Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo135i View Post
I have the area 74 and it works perfectly
Easiest device to use.

Used it in my f80, and now on my e82..has worked perfectly.

retired: GranTurismo MC, Giulia Quadrifoglio, B8.5 RS5, Q60 RedSport, e82 135, F80, e92 M3, e90 M3, (2) e92 335, B8 S4, C209 CLK55 AMG, e46 330
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 10:56 AM   #4
Widowmaker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Alright I will give it a go then - I am not worried about the CEL, I am worried about when getting emissions tested and they use the OBDII scanner my monitors will not show as ready
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 11:21 AM   #5
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Yes I tried this a while ago search my posts

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 01:19 AM   #6
Widowmaker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So the O2 sim worked well enough to pass emissions, great news

But now I am having issues - went to do a pass on the freeway, car lost power and half engine block signal with SES light popped up. Had 0 issues before installing this and driving a couple of hundred miles with it on

Getting the following error codes:

2EE0 - Combustion misfiring, several cylinders. Fuel Injection deactivation

2EF4 - Combustion misfiring, cylinder 6; Fuel injection deactivation

2EFE - Misfire, several cylinders: Damaging to catalytic converter or damaging exhaust gas

2F04 - Misfire, cylinder 6: Damaging to catalytic converter or damaging exhaust gas

I am MHD stage 2 tuned, car just rolled 50k miles

Removed the 02 sim, cleared codes and adaptations - no luck

Replaced all 6 spark plugs, cleared codes and adaptations - no luck

Gonna replace the coil pack on cylinder 6 to see if it's a bad coil

Kind of just posting here to keep a log of my experience with this 02 sim, not very happy with the after effects of it
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #7
Gizmo135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker View Post
So the O2 sim worked well enough to pass emissions, great news

But now I am having issues - went to do a pass on the freeway, car lost power and half engine block signal with SES light popped up. Had 0 issues before installing this and driving a couple of hundred miles with it on

Getting the following error codes:

2EE0 - Combustion misfiring, several cylinders. Fuel Injection deactivation

2EF4 - Combustion misfiring, cylinder 6; Fuel injection deactivation

2EFE - Misfire, several cylinders: Damaging to catalytic converter or damaging exhaust gas

2F04 - Misfire, cylinder 6: Damaging to catalytic converter or damaging exhaust gas

I am MHD stage 2 tuned, car just rolled 50k miles

Removed the 02 sim, cleared codes and adaptations - no luck

Replaced all 6 spark plugs, cleared codes and adaptations - no luck

Gonna replace the coil pack on cylinder 6 to see if it's a bad coil

Kind of just posting here to keep a log of my experience with this 02 sim, not very happy with the after effects of it
I think it's a coincidence... unless you somehow damaged a wire or something on the cylinder 6 coil or injector.

More likely a bad injector.... try swapping the cyl 6 coil to one cylinder, and the plug to another cylinder, and erase the faults.... if it comes back to cylinder 6 then you probably need an injector.

Also when was the last time you changed the plugs? It's probably a good idea to change them with some new oem plugs and gap them to around .022
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #8
Widowmaker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think it's a coincidence... unless you somehow damaged a wire or something on the cylinder 6 coil or injector.

More likely a bad injector.... try swapping the cyl 6 coil to one cylinder, and the plug to another cylinder, and erase the faults.... if it comes back to cylinder 6 then you probably need an injector.

Also when was the last time you changed the plugs? It's probably a good idea to change them with some new oem plugs and gap them to around .022
I just replaced the spark plugs yesterday with Bosch ZR5TPP33, all 6 to see if the misfires would go away. I'm assuming the car was still on original plugs so it had to be done anyways. Didn't do anything

I just ordered a a Delphi GN10571 coil pack to replace the coil on cylinder 6, since my codes are reading only a misfire on cyl 6. Will be here tomorrow (yay Amazon 1 day shipping) and see if that does anything

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRWDTVE...23860_70668520

Why do you think it would be a bad injector if I'm swapping coils? If the faults follow the cyl wouldn't that indicate a faulty ignition coil?

Edit: NVM, i saw you say if it stayed on the same cyl then it is the injector. Makes sense, didn't read closely

Really hoping it's not an injector

I do too think it's a big coincidence all of this occurred at the same time, maybe the 02 sim accelerated my need to do maintenance on these items. Don't know yet
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #9
Widowmaker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So Installed a new ignition coil on cyl 6, did not resolve

Not only did all the codes remain but a new one popped up

2F01 - Misfire, cylinder 3: Damaging to catalytic converter or damaging exhaust gas

However, my SES light and half check engine light went away...
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #10
Gizmo135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker View Post
So Installed a new ignition coil on cyl 6, did not resolve

Not only did all the codes remain but a new one popped up

2F01 - Misfire, cylinder 3: Damaging to catalytic converter or damaging exhaust gas

However, my SES light and half check engine light went away...
You erased the faults and they came back?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #11
Widowmaker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You erased the faults and they came back?
Yep, they still remained

However, I was thinking with so much fiddling with all of these components, the air/fuel ratios are prob being mismanaged improperly somehow

I flashed the car off stage 2 to MHD's base stage 0 map - the car was perfect

Flashed stage 1, car was perfect again, drove around 10 mins no issues

Flashed MHD Stage 2, car has been perfect no issues whatsoever, no fault codes

Drove it to work and some errands this morning and it's as if the car is brand spanking new

Honestly cannot explain what happened and am a bit worried something might pop up in the future again....
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 08:58 PM   #12
f87CSdrifterential
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

I just installed one of the sims. I left the car in stock mode and let it work it's magic. I haven't made it over to the inspection station yet, but I suspect I will be ok as readiness is set. When I installed mine I used heated shrink bullet connectors for the wire that I had to intersect. I don't have enough information, but I feel like I should reconnect the O2 as normal once I pass emissions because perhaps it will mess with my JB4 if it pulls data from the sensor.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 07:29 PM   #13
Gizmo135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e82drifterential View Post
I just installed one of the sims. I left the car in stock mode and let it work it's magic. I haven't made it over to the inspection station yet, but I suspect I will be ok as readiness is set. When I installed mine I used heated shrink bullet connectors for the wire that I had to intersect. I don't have enough information, but I feel like I should reconnect the O2 as normal once I pass emissions because perhaps it will mess with my JB4 if it pulls data from the sensor.
I've been running mine on my car with JB4, backend flash, and pure stage 2 without issue... the rear o2 sensor readings only really monitor the cat for efficiency, it's more of an emissions thing and shouldn't affect the way the car runs.
Appreciate 0