Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

08-20-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
KingBurt323
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

W.W.Y.D: M240i, E90 M3, F80 M3, or motorcycle?

Just looking for opinions..

-Would you guys recommend i get into a M240i or E92 M3 before an F80 M3?

-Just go for my dream car (F80 M3)? Looking for a '16 or '15 preferably a '16 with low miles since i can afford it i mean we can get hit by an asteroid or get nuked at any moment but i at least got to drive my dream car.

-Just get a motorcycle for the thrill/speed and keep my 328i for bad weather.. I have no complains about the 3er but i do not enjoy it at all i work too hard to not enjoy the fruits of my labor.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 04:50 PM   #2
G_Rock
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBurt323 View Post
Just looking for opinions..

-Would you guys recommend i get into a M240i or E92 M3 before an F80 M3?

-Just go for my dream car (F80 M3)? Looking for a '16 or '15 preferably a '16 with low miles since i can afford it i mean we can get hit by an asteroid or get nuked at any moment but i at least got to drive my dream car.

-Just get a motorcycle for the thrill/speed and keep my 328i for bad weather.. I have no complains about the 3er but i do not enjoy it at all i work too hard to not enjoy the fruits of my labor.
Why do you need a warm up car before the F80? If its not due to budget, I don't understand.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 05:05 PM   #3
Yessir
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

You already answered your own question. YOLO. You work hard for the money, you have have it,spoil yourself man.buy your dream car!!! You won't regret it.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #4
mrduder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I'm gonna lay down some honesty... so I've always wanted a M3. Decided to finally pull the trigger. I LOVE this car. Now, I will tell you, if you don't drive this car the way it was meant to be driven, it just becomes a car. I have done a few track days and that was fun, but that almost makes it worse. This car, as a daily driver, just becomes a car. At least for me. It's hard not to drive like an asshole in this thing because it gets boring and you know you have all this powerful fun underneath the hood and you're just driving 70mph like everyone else around you. This car makes much more sense if you live near the autobahn and or you can afford to track it a lot. But as a daily.... I'd say save your money and keep the 3 series. I'm glad I got this car because I would have questioned this my whole life. But let me tell you, I've realized how unbelievably unnecessary this car is. I also care WAAAAAAY too much about every little thing on this car because it's so nice. A little rock chip here, a swirl in the paint there.... ugh..... Glad I did it and got it out of my system. But it's time for a piece of shit car I don't care about. Lol
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #5
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrduder View Post
I'm gonna lay down some honesty... so I've always wanted a M3. Decided to finally pull the trigger. I LOVE this car. Now, I will tell you, if you don't drive this car the way it was meant to be driven, it just becomes a car. I have done a few track days and that was fun, but that almost makes it worse. This car, as a daily driver, just becomes a car. At least for me. It's hard not to drive like an asshole in this thing because it gets boring and you know you have all this powerful fun underneath the hood and you're just driving 70mph like everyone else around you. This car makes much more sense if you live near the autobahn and or you can afford to track it a lot. But as a daily.... I'd say save your money and keep the 3 series. I'm glad I got this car because I would have questioned this my whole life. But let me tell you, I've realized how unbelievably unnecessary this car is. I also care WAAAAAAY too much about every little thing on this car because it's so nice. A little rock chip here, a swirl in the paint there.... ugh..... Glad I did it and got it out of my system. But it's time for a piece of shit car I don't care about. Lol
+1

But I needed to get the car to be able to think this way

OP, is your 328 a 6mt e90 sport package? If so it's a keeper in my opinion

Since f80 is your dream, you pretty much have to do it (and custom order euro delivery and pcd if possible)

I wouldn't put 240 on there. Get an e46m3 at that point.

It does require some thought since f80 is priced right around where a lot of solid and fun used car choices are priced. Eg did you know a c7 z06 with z07 pack is right around $65k from carmax these days?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 07:34 PM   #6
Ian1973
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 M3

How do you plan on using a bike? You are in LA, are you in traffic, or are you taking it out where people aren't?

Nothing and I mean nothing is going to give you thrills like a sportbike. I say bike, but I'm a rider first, car guy second.
Appreciate 0