BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-13-2017, 11:15 PM   #1
Burts
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 Frontier

Is some of these codes from Battery?

This m3 has a low battery and owner claims the hard top no longer works from the remote all of a sudden, it works with car running on the inside..

Anyhow bmw wants to pay him around 13k for this m3, and looked at it today. I was going to skip this m3 and pay the price for a better one but who knows?

One of the throttle actuators was replaced a year ago, he was claiming the car needed a iac but I see no codes for that. He has limp mode couple times he told me..

Which of these is likely due to the bad battery? Pic is blurry I had to resize it to medium for the site to take it...He prob would sell it for 15k if I wanted it...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 07:54 AM   #2
SEMOM3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3 SG

Se he's trying to sell the car, saying there are a number of issues caused by a bad battery, but he doesn't just change the battery to make it an easier sale? Sounds like a dumb salesman if you ask me. Tell him to change the battery before you consider buying to see if the issues resolve.

Most of those could be caused by a bad battery, but it's up to whether you want to take that risk.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 08:27 AM   #3
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Hey Burt, looks like you are at it again buddy. Is this the original car you have been looking at this whole time? The only E93 on Maui?
Appreciate 0