BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

01-25-2018, 07:13 PM   #1
BimaExtremeRetro
Banned
Rep
Drives: e91

Stock exhaust mod for sale - any interest

Hi Guys,

The e9x m3 platform has plenty of exhausts options at varying prices as we all know.

We Have quiet a number of stock e92 and e90 systems available.

Having personally dynoed just about everything on e46 m3 and e9x m3 I must say the results would probably shock many people. After spending many 1000s of dollars most people would expect gains and not losses. One day I will put together a conclusive before and after which will most definitely open up an undiputable can of worms.

Anyhow In my opinion the stock m3 exhaust in terms of quality and workmanship is absolutely unmatched in every way. You only have to look at one side by side and compare it to anything else, it's obvious no matter the brand or money you spend. Additionally I see absolutely no restriction in it whatsoever. If anything there might be some in the rear muffler. The main thing is, it's a little quiet for some.

I would like to see if anyone is interested in the rear muffler modification where the insides are removed and straight pipes added within the muffler itself. Personally I have not done this yet but plan to soon.

We will basically make the mod on 1 system, run a stock car on they dyno with stock system for the before, then swap the system with the modified exhaust for the after.

If the results are good and the sound I'm sure will be offer this as a product for sale. The idea being you get to keep your standard system of you ever sell your car and hopefully get a result better and far cheaper than what is available.

We will see if it's viable, just wanted to get an idea of who would be interested and what would be a good price, supplied, modified and fitted.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 03:22 AM   #2
PBM3
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 2010 M3

OEM Exhaust Mod

Hi
Anyone know of any exhaust shops in Melbourne who do this Mod?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 08:09 AM   #3
Josparky
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3; 2012 E88 135i

I had done the stock exhaust mod before. Was one of the first to do it in Sydney.... thanks to BMR autowerkz...It sounds the best... very exotic sounding..Has no drone whatsoever. Only reason i changed was due to the weight of the stock exhaust. However if dyno can be done and proves there’s minimal HP difference, i’d be keen to go back to Stock with a 1.5 pipe mod... pls keep us posted on your dynos..

Anything more than a 2 pipe mod is too loud. I’d recommend between a 1 or 2 pipe mod.

Last edited by Josparky; 02-17-2018 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 1
DOCTOR.Y102.50
      03-18-2018, 01:47 AM   #4
BimaExtremeRetro
Banned
Rep
Drives: e91

Hey Guys,

We have actually completed this for a forum member here, I'm not sure what his user name is but he can come out and post his views if he choses to do so.

We are putting together the photos, videos,
sounclips and dyno results of the m3 world system which was originally fitted on his car, a stock m3 e92 system also fitted to his car for dyno purposes and then finally the modified system. The customer was based in the act and drove to sydney for this exercise.

I won't say much else at this stage other than if someone is considering an exhaust they should sit tight for a bit while we put all this together as it may help them make some decisions. The results themselves are quiet unbelievable and if I simply posted them without actual data, it's practically unbelievable. Definitely worth the wait as it compares all three options with dyno numbers to match and hopefully some decient audio. For the customer please feel free to come forward and share you experience and overall view. I'm sure it might help others.

We do have an m3 world system for sale incase anyone was interested, pickup is preferred but we can separate and post. Pricing il check with the customer but it will obviously be cheaper than a new one. I will get some images of it up soon. Quality wise they do appear very well made and I do know allot of people who run them and seem happy with them.

Cheers
Appreciate 0