proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

09-03-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
blockdoc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Replacing my 18 inch stock wheels with 19s. Width Question

Hi guys,
Sorry if this info is already buried here in the forum. Ive looked, but can't find my specific issue.

My 2015 M4 was banged up pretty badly in a parking lot. The stock 18 wheel was damaged pretty significantly along with the front end, auxillary radiator etc. I was planning on replacing the aging tires anyways, as I am having signficant traction issues with my F80Paul BM3 tune and methanol. Ihave always preferred the 19 inch wheels over the 18s for street use.

So...I have decided on the Vorsteiner VF101 19 wheels and planning on keeping the "stagger"...planning on MPS4S 295s in rear and 265s in front.
I know stock width on my 2015 is 10 rear and 9 front.

I have standard brakes and stock suspension with no plans to lower.

Since I am planning on going slightly wider than stock tires in front and rear (but prefer to keep factory ratios as close to stock as possible), would you guys suggest

1. Staying "stock" with 19x10 rears and 19x9 fronts?
2. Going larger 19x11 rears...19x10 fronts?

Or does it really matter?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0